Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC vs GM parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89K5, Jun 15, 2000.

1. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm gettin ready to order weather stripping for around my doors. Are the ones from LMC as good as GM? If I'm spending the money I want the best, unless the price difference is huge.

89K5

2. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

I bought a whole punch of small interior parts from them to redo my dash, every part was GM. My best guess is, they buy bulk & sell the individual pieces. For example those Chrome plastic do-dads that cover the pull straps on the doors are expensive at the dealer, cause they can only order by mass quantity, they charge more to recoop the mass quanity purcase, for fear that the remaining parts will stay on their shelves. You could always call them & see if the part yop want is GM

Rick
    86 K-5
    http://www.BigBadBowTie.ColoradoK5.com

3. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

Sorry I haven't been around that long, who is LMC. Are they online, do they have a catalog. Thanks

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

4. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Yes and yes. www.lmctruck.com
    Go to their website and put in ALL of the required info. and you should have a catalog withing a couple of weeks. They have great replacement parts prices. I have already ordered from them and have no complaints. Welcome aboard.

Chevy's RULE!

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Most of the body panels sold in LMC are made overseas. They have a disclaimer in the catalog that says somthing like... these are made in some little village by 10 year old girls so dont be shocked if they dont fit exactly the same and dont be worried if there are little dents here and there. Not in those words but it all means the same. If you go to a GM dealer they are OEM replacement parts, and they are supposed to be an exact fit with no dents..again I say supposedly. But if you dont mind the thought you may have to do some small body work on the new part you just bought and pay less..there is you answer.

6. BigBadBowTie

BigBadBowTie 1/2 ton status

7. Mike's85K5

Mike's85K5 Registered Member

I also got some interior parts from LMC that were GM, but I've ordered other parts form them that weren't GM. I do know that I have had bad luck with non-GM seals on GM trucks, they just don't "fit" quite right and sometimes leak air at highway speeds. I've had good luck with Softseal seals on my '71 Nova though. Does any one know if Softseal makes K5 seal kits? I'd be interested in how good they are if they do.

Mike