Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Blazer213

Blazer213 Registered Member

Is there a better company to get parts from than LMC?
    I have bought parts from LMC and they are always sh*ty.
    Thanks
    The Rooster

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> What so sh*tty about them ? Is it the service or the product or what ? I've ordered from them many times and am planning another big order for stuff right now ....... Just curious ?

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You can try chevyduty.com

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

4. Blazer213

Blazer213 Registered Member

Riz,
    I bought an inner fender and other stuff from LMC.
    1st the quality of the parts looked cheap
    2nd the inner fender was bent/warped
    3rd after i unbent it it didn't fit
    4th i had to pay a lot of shipping to send it back
    thats what i mean by sh*tty
    The Rooster

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Oh, I wouldn't buy any body parts from them ....... Go to GMPARTSDIRECT.com to get genuine Gm parts for a fraction of the cost ........ i've had great luck doing this and save a fortune ! I'd buy anything else from LMC however .

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Agree that only use OEM body parts

C'moe

Kill Roy was here!

7. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Try Classic Industries. I just ordered a mess of parts from them. I used to order from them for my old Chevelle. They have an awesome catalog. You can find them online, too.

<font color=red>"SETTING OFF ALARMS IN A CITY NEAR YOU!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

8. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

I bought radiator brackets from them and they came in the genuine GM plastic wrappers. Fit great.

Their sheet metal body parts are made overseas though. I have been wondering about that as I am doing a frame off.
    I will check out GMPARTSDIRECT.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

9. Tonyraca

Tonyraca Registered Member

I have gone to GMPARTSDIRECT.com, but I can't ever seem to find any parts on their website for a 79 blazer. How do you get the GM part numbers for body parts?

Anthonys rusty '79
    "Friends don't let friends get first tracks"

10. 86K5inMN

86K5inMN Registered Member

I just ordered a few small parts from LMC. I asked twice to have them shipped next day air. The girl on the phone charged me extra money and then the parts were then sent SECOND DAY AIR. The parts should have arrived on Friday but didn't come until Monday. At that point I had to make the old parts work because I needed my truck for the weekend. When I called about this they said the girl was new and there was nothing they could do. I WON'T order from them again. This was the first and only order.

11. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

I went to GMPartsDirect.com and did a search by vehicle. It only went back to 1994; am I missing something?

The learning curve is a toll road...ride with someone who has already paid!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/abshort1>My Naval Fleet</a>

12. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Okay, that site totally blows. No parts, and they openly admit to raping you on shipping and handling charges.

That was a total waste of my time. [​IMG]

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

13. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Both LMC and Chevy Duty happen to be in Kansas City and i have gotten parts from both. I dont think I would ever get full fenders or other body panels from a Mail Order place though ship wpuld be sky high. I get my body parts from the same place they do its call GM.

72 Blazer CST 400TPI NV4500 NP203/205
    01 Suburban 2500 4X4 8100

14. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think you have to enter your VIN #

~~'84 K5~~
    Check it out at:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.rockcrawler.com>www.k5.rockcrawler.com</a>

15. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Don't say that...I'm waiting for an order from them now...ordered from LMC and Summit on Fri....Got summit on Monday. On Mon I ordered again from Summit...Got it today .. Still waiting for LMC. Hopefully since its all interior stuff I'll get it O.K.

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time

16. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> You have to enter yor VIN # first to get started on the site ...........call or stop by your local dealership and get the part #'s and drop them into the site and viola !

L8r,

17. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You DO need the part number to get prices. Just ask on the board, someone should help you out. My '85-86 Parts Manual gets some use : )

I'm not trying to brag here, but I wonder how long they have had that "shipping is expensive" thing on there? I tried about 4 months ago, to get them to reduce the cost of shipping. (likely in vain, I know) Because I mentioned that I would love to let all of the lists and boards I belong to know that they had reduced their shipping/handling, they took that as a "threat" and had to have a higher up contact me about it. Of course nothing was resolved.

I don't know how they come off with that "pays for everything else" because you CAN get similar prices from a dealer, unfortunately, that is apparently reserved for high $$ shops. Ask your GM dealer, they will probably tell you the same, they have at least 3 price schedules, and you, as Joe Blow, get the shaft when you walk in the door.

If you were able to get the parts at the lowest GM dealer prices locally, I guarantee it would be cheaper than gmpartsdirect with their shipping/handling fees. And they may not even throw in shipping charges. Again, even if they did, it wouldn't be as much.

And charging on a percentage? So I buy a $50 2 oz switch, and get charged $10 shipping/handling, or I buy something that weighs 5 pounds for $25 and get charged $5 shipping/handling. Makes sense to me.

You want to kick yourself when you see how much the price WOULD be (they list it) if there was no shipping and handling charges. Typically, on the smaller items (TV cables, shifter cables, etc) the shipping/handling DOUBLES the cost with them.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?