Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lt61173, Mar 2, 2004.

1. lt61173

lt61173 1/2 ton status

I just had a great experence with LMC. I bought front seat covers about 6 months ago, My driver side seat is ripping where the threads are. I gave them a call and the lady said it should not do that. She is free shipping me a complete new set just to replace the 1 back. Now that is good customer service. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good to hear about their customer service... I'm going to buy all my interior parts from them soon. Thanks for the info! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hummm...

I bought mine 2 years ago...
    and my seat cover did the same thing over the winter..
    maybe I'll give'm a call... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thanks for the info... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

That's good news to hear...I just ordered their catalog and will probably be doing a lot of business with them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No offense, because I've used LMC and was happy with their customer service, but I don't know that having good customer service, and having to use it all the time, is necessarily a good thing.

I bought some weatherstripping that wasn't made correctly, and they did offer to credit my account fully for it, but I was more interested in getting a correct fitting piece. I *thought* I was working with them to get such a piece made, but after sending in a factory sample, all correspondence ended and I never heard from them again, even after calling and asking for updates.

Well, thats more personal than it needed to be, but if the company is selling stuff that requires it to be returned or credited, perhaps they should stop selling it?

6. blazin topless 75

blazin topless 75 Registered Member

That's good to know...I have a place called Auto Body Specialites about a half hour from me and they carry body parts and weatherstripping so I will use LMC to try to find the parts that my local dealer doesn't carry.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I was at first going to say just be careful on parts that need to fit properly, but then what DOESN'T need to fit properly?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif If I'm paying for something new, I want it to fit like the piece it is replacing.

8. ottoman

ottoman Registered Member

I know I'm chiming in late here but my experience with LMC has been mixed and I've stopped using them.

Some of the small stuff I've bought from them seemed to work well but then I purchased rear parking brake cables for my 72 Blazer. They weren't even close to being correct. They obviously came off another vehicle. I phoned several times to try to get the correct cables. They assured me that the ones they sent were correct. I ended up having to return them (at my own shipping expense) and buy correct ones from someone more knowledgeable (inlinetube.com). LMC did refund my money but I had to pay return shipping for their mistake. I haven't bought anything from them since. It's their loss because I still need to buy bigger ticket items like carpet, seat covers, bumpers, grille ...etc. Anyway, I found someone local who sells lots of parts for 67-72 chevs.

anyway, that's my 2cents

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, the bad thing about LMC is they don't have tech support, they just sell stuff and everything they sell is usually made in China so the quality(read fitment) sucks....