Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC's floor panels?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jun 13, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

LMC\'s floor panels?

Has anybody used LMC's weld in floor panels for the driver/pass. compartment? I was wondering what you all thought about the quality and the acuracy of fit...Thanks for the input...'

Chris

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: LMC\'s floor panels?

I had bought the rocker replacement panel from Whitney and was kinda pissed because the lip for the wheather strip was meant to go over the existing lip, and that meant that the rubber would not fit over this huge lip, not sure if they are the same but you could just put them in a vise and pinch em' tight so they would fit... It made me mad so I made my own outta old hood metal worked perfect. My point is if you can weld you can make your own that are just as good if not better...

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I've got LMC's floor panels, inner rocker panels and cab mounts on my rig now. The rust and rot in my truck was bigger than what the panel covered, so for me the issue of how it fit was a moot point. You just have to be sure to cut the hole for the panel the right size and it'll fit fine. All the panels come with a glossy black finish and so far have held up well. LMC also has great service...When I got my order, they had forgotten on of the cab mounts...I called them up and told them about it and they shipped it next day air for no charge. Great place to deal with.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sounds like they're not the same , and I have had great service from LMC... Glad to hear it...