Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Local 4x4 club meeting.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll try it here. Tonight I went to a meeting for the "Black Hills 4 Wheelers". It should be called the Black Hills Jeep owners. Over 90% of them are jeep people, and if you drive something other then a jeep, you're nothing in thier eyes. I sat at a table with the non-jeep owners. We were shunded. Everyone was nice enough, but us non-jeep driving people didn't count. I can't understand what the big deal is with a jeep. I much reather have a Blazer. I'm sorry, I don't want a little vichile, I want that V-8 powered Chevy !!! I want to feel the raw power, not only imagine it's there. I'm not going to put someone down for owning something other then what I'm driving, but I will put them down for treating someone as a joke becouse they don't drive a jeep. They claim that all 4 wheel drive vichiles are welcome, then they ignor you if you don't have a jeep. Maybe I took it wrong, but that's how it felt to me.

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Dude, don't sweat it. I get the exact same thing. Jeep guys are kinda wierd. Last weekend I was out playin at the local wheelin spot and ran into a group of 4 Jeeps playin on some rocks. I stopped and watched them for a bit..They did seem kinda stand offish. Oh well. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. What really got me, was that while they were tryin 2 and 3 times to make it through a certain line in this rock pile, I tried it myslef and made it in one try. lol, SCHWEEEET!!! lol.....Check out the link to my webshots page in my sig below. There are some pics of these Jeep dudes and the rock pile there. By the way, Nice lookin truck dude. Definatley got some potential. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Pretty cool that it's a '76 like mine. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

That is exactly why our club, Pacific Northwest Fullsize 4x4 was formed.
    The Cheepers are a funny crowd.

4. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Yup, been there done that. but unfortunately, my K5 was in nowhere near the condition it is now, so i really couldnt show em up at a ride, that is if i went. i heard alot of, *sniveling voice*-"well, you have a fullsize, and the trails we are going to run next month for our monthly ride are too small for you. Maybe next time...."

for all you MO/KS dudes, it was KC4WDA. most of the dudes that went on all the local rides drove non-jeep vehicles, so at least those were pretty fun. but at the meetings and at the larger rides (pouteau/disney etc.) they ALL came out, and us "others" where shunned.

and besides, my buddy has a Heep, and after riding in it, i dont see what all the hype is about??!!!

later rob

5. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I have a friend who use to wheel jeeps but now all he owns is a stock Grand Cherokee, and we got into the whole jeep debate. So naturally I brought up the if jeeps are so great then why does everyone swap chevy engines, trannys, axles, tcases, etc.. into them. I said majority of the truly trail worthy jeeps out there have more chevy parts then jeep. He just looked at me and said "No they don't". Hahaha.. not sure what jeeps he's been looking at. And the jeeps just break down way too much, there were times I couldn't even work on my blazer in the garage because there was a jeep in there getting a new rearend or tcase or something. I don't mind jeeps, I just don't care for the way the owners think they are God's gift to 4wd.

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

7. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I was kinda drunk one night and pmed Lance and asked him if he could set up a real gm forum, the one now is 75% cheeps.
    but I didn't what the hell we have CK5 LOL
    What more does a guy need ?