Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Local gas station BAIT & SWITCH!!! (Rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JK5, Jan 22, 2004.

1. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I pulled into a Shell gas station this morning...
    and the price of gas was $1.39...

After I paid and pumped the gas...
    I noticed the sign had changed to $1.69..
    a BIG difference!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So I paid .30 more than I was suppost to..

So I went back in to see what happened...
    They said they have NO control of gas pricing..
    They just do what they are told...and they couldn't help me..

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I told them...You guys baited about 10 customers!!!

That's the last time I buy Shell!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

$1.39???? Geeesh I haven't seen a price like that for over 2 years now. $1.69??? I wish I was paying that instead of the $1.89 I'm now paying for mid grade. And it is supposed to go up even more. They didn't even have a good excuse this time. As a matter of fact, this time they had no excuse at all. No "The pipeline blew up in AZ". No "we are at war with some middle eastern country". Nothing. Just a boost in price again. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. JK5

I'm sick of these energy companies....
    they just make excuses to BEAT us up!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Come on Jerry, you're single, you got tons of money. I see that PK5 is now a '76? Is my old body mounted up yet? BTW...its a $1.55 a gallon here which I think is high.

5. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Sounds like that company isn't changing the prices like they should. When I was a manager for Total Petroleum, our practice for changing prices was to change all the outside signs first.....then wait until the pumps were cleared out before changing the price in the computer.

Some companies /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm paying $2.20 per gallon, but that's 91 oct. and full service. I don't like to pump gas if someone else will do it for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't like to pump gas if someone else will do it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have full service still? I haven't seen a gas station attendent for years and years now.

BTW Paul.... Just wondering what you do for a living.???

8. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Cheepest I've seen regular gas around here is $1.37. Usually around $1.40.

That really sucks that they did that to you man! I would have griped and made them change the sign to whatever the "real" price of gas is.

Kris

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have full service still? I haven't seen a gas station attendent for years and years now.

[/ QUOTE ] There are (2) count them (2) full service stations in Rapid City, SD. What do I do for a living ??? Depends on the momment. Mostly I turn wrenches, but I also do wiring. I do alot of buying and selling. Find a vehickle cheap, fix whatever minor problems it may have and sell it for a profet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif In all honesty, I don't make alot of money, but I do manage to pay the bills. I end up investing alot of the profet back into another car to sell, or I'd have the K5 built by now.

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

NJ is pretty much all full serve... when i go outta state i have to remind myself alot of places don't.. doesn't bother me anyway, if they're taking too long, i'll get out and pump my own...

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have one here and it's mostly because of the amount of elderly people who buy gas there need it. There are probably more I don't know of, but I think they are there for the same reason if they are. I know they will pump gas for someone who is disabled too, but I think the law requires that to be free.

Our cheap stuff right now is hovering around $1.50/g which sucks. The gas companies have conidtioned us to think $1.50 is good, now they'll jack up the cost again and keep conditioning us to think $1.60 is cheap, then $1.70 and so on....

12. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like that company isn't changing the prices like they should. When I was a manager for Total Petroleum, our practice for changing prices was to change all the outside signs first.....then wait until the pumps were cleared out before changing the price in the computer.

Some companies

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats how we do it at the Texaco I work at. First we change the sign then wait for all the pumps to clear then do the computer. Then we go around to each pump to make the sure the prices are correct. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Texaco shop that I work at is full service. Heck thats how I got into working on cars. Progressed from pumping gas to working in the back on the cars. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im sorry...but paying an extra dollar, or an extra 1.20 i dont really care.

i dont have loads of money, but id rather pay the extra then get my panties in a bunch worrying about it

14. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Write an e-mail or call Shell! I bet someone there will listen. If you start pummping fuel and its 1.39/gal and then when you're done the price changed, that sound very illegal to me! SInce its all computerized they should have be able to tell ya what time the price changed and if you got a reciept that will show if the priced changed while you were pumping! Its worth a try to contact shell!

www.shell.com

15. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You havent been to Oregon recently have you. Thanks to some people in government here that think the public is too dumb to pump their own gas all we have is full service, well they pump the gas but dont check your oil or wash the windows very often...

16. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go to oregon. it is illegal to pump your own non comercial gas.
    Grant

17. JK5

[ QUOTE ]
    Come on Jerry, you're single, you got tons of money. I see that PK5 is now a '76? Is my old body mounted up yet? BTW...its a $1.55 a gallon here which I think is high.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...If you 3 would start eating peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches like I do...you'd have some money to play with.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. JK5

[ QUOTE ]
    im sorry...but paying an extra dollar, or an extra 1.20 i dont really care.

i dont have loads of money, but id rather pay the extra then get my panties in a bunch worrying about it

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...You'll just get YOUR panties in a bunch...
    over FRICKIN' t-lights....that some cool members want!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

19. landsmasher

Only been to Oregon 3 times in my life. 1964, 1970 and 1974. Haven't been back since. Too much rain for my liking. I really liked the people though. Met nothing but great people in Portland and one other trip was to Klammoth Falls. Think I spelled that right. Klammoth Falls reminded me a little of Dukes of Hazard type town. I think there was a little Deliverance in there too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

There's probably some full service stations in Orange County or LA maybe but out here in the desert it's all self serve. They don't work on cars in them anymore. You go to Wall Mart for that. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    NJ is pretty much all full serve... when i go outta state i have to remind myself alot of places don't.. doesn't bother me anyway, if they're taking too long, i'll get out and pump my own...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Not pretty much it is full serve, its a Jersey law for some reason. I work at a Gas Station and understand the idea of not letting a lot of this stupid #$%^ pump gas. We change the signs first, then the pumps, and if soemone pulls up while we are changing the price on the pumps, we will give them the gas at the old price rather than the new one we just set.