Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Local gear installer?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, Feb 26, 2004.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I am willing to pay someone to show/help me swap out my gears/carrier. Anyone local know how to do this and willing to help out on a Saturday? I'm not looking to do it this weekend or anything, just trying to get the ball rolling.

Thanks!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i know someone that will do it for $75 per axle if you have all the gears and everything and he can do it this Saturday if you want it done then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh and this would be in a shop out of the rain with a hoist and everything /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i know someone that will do it for $75 per axle if you have all the gears and everything and he can do it this Saturday if you want it done then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif oh and this would be in a shop out of the rain with a hoist and everything /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.........gotta keep this in mind. Is it Chris? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. mudhog

nope his name is mike he owns the muffler shop i told you about /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    nope his name is mike he owns the muffler shop i told you about /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

your not talking about mikes exhaust on st.johns in vancouver are you ?

6. mudhog

no this guy is on 82nd and duke /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    no this guy is on 82nd and duke /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny.

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

:hijack in progress: By the way, I got the exhaust done yesterday locally, sorry, couldn't use Mike as this was 3 miles from my house and was a great price. All new 3" from y pipe back with new high flow cat and Magna Flow muffler. Mandrel bent, love the sound. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mudhog

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Another Hijack. Can anybody recommend a gear installer in the San Diego area?

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Sweet /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I'll PM you as soon as I'm ready! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. mudhog

are you wanting to do it tomorrow? if so i wont be home but i can tell him you will be there and give you all his info /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

hey i have a couple of axles to setup . The first one is gonna be out of the truck and just a bare housing. The second one is gonna be a full floater still in the truck but of course all you gotta do is pull the axles so do you know if it will be the same price? I probally wont be able to the second one until april though. I am doing a straight axle conversion on my 02 duramax. Thanx . I might do the front myself but we will see. Time is always short and a issue

14. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey i have a couple of axles to setup . The first one is gonna be out of the truck and just a bare housing. The second one is gonna be a full floater still in the truck but of course all you gotta do is pull the axles so do you know if it will be the same price? I probally wont be able to the second one until april though. I am doing a straight axle conversion on my 02 duramax. Thanx . I might do the front myself but we will see. Time is always short and a issue

[/ QUOTE ]

so brian I know this is kinda off topic here but are you going to make it out to moab with us this year for the safari ?

15. mudhog

I'm not sure give him a call /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif you know him you won the exhaust from him at the beach blast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif his number is 503-775-2499 just make sure you mention that Shannon the guy with the big blue blazer sent you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. bigbadburb

bigbadburb 1/2 ton status

thanx shannon. and bob that is a negative this year but i do want to do a rubicon trip this year if i can get a lot of S$$t done around here but i have a couple of trips for work i gotta take and so forth so we shall see. Don is gonna try and make it but he has his work cut out . Have fun and so you will be moving back by memorial day "right"

17. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thanx shannon. and bob that is a negative this year but i do want to do a rubicon trip this year if i can get a lot of S$$t done around here but i have a couple of trips for work i gotta take and so forth so we shall see. Don is gonna try and make it but he has his work cut out . Have fun and so you will be moving back by memorial day "right"

[/ QUOTE ]

yep we are moving back memorial day weekend then we turn around and head to the rubicon on june 11th for 3 days. you should try and make that trip it will be a lot of fun. don was talking about trying to make that trip also.