Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Local tire shops that sell large truck tires?!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by eripley, Oct 10, 2003.

1. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

I bought my last set of Bridgestone Dueller AT's 31x10.50 for my toyota from Tires plus. Now for my blazer Im looking to put 33x11.50's on it and cant find any local shops that carry such a tire?
    While we are on the discussion of tires...I love the Duellers but want a little bit more agressive look on the blazer. What tire brands are there for 33x11.50's that are in the midrange on budgets. Is there any specific tire that is recommended over others? Im on a pretty tight budget and there is no way my wife will allow me to spend $600 for tires on a $2000 blazer....hahaha
    My wife HATES the blazer. I have to park it in our other driveway so she does not see it when she walks out the front door...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Check Pepgirls, and Just Tires. As for the wife's feelings on your truck... my wife HATED it first too. She'll warm up to it! Take her out wheeling! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

There are Dueller MT's, my first set of 33's were those and they were a good tire never had any serious problems with them besides the two flats, but they were a good budget tire

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I don't think you can beat the price/quality of the 33x12.5 KUMHO VENTURE MT from Tirerack.com
    It usually takes me one day to get them after I order, one time it took 2 days.
    Check them out, last I checked they were $400 shipped to my door.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. eripley

eripley 1/2 ton status

NO WAY!!
    Im off to check those out! thanks!

6. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Check out the Cooper Discoverer AT's. I gave $115 each for my 35x12.5x15's, and they came with a 50k warranty and road hazard protection. They ain't boggers, but they are pretty quiet, and for the money, a good deal IMHO.

Cooper Discoverer AT

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    My wife HATES the blazer. I have to park it in our other driveway so she does not see it when she walks out the front door...... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Park it in the best part of the driveway or where you want it, tell her your selling her car and buying a second k5 and tell her to get over it.
    I hate that when they TRY to tell a guy were to put his ride or she won't ride in it because " she doesn't like it" women think the world revolves around them sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My girlfriend complains that my rig is too high and too dirty. That just leaves more excuse to take off the body lift. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

leave the body lift and just push her ass in. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get sunned when she's wearing a skirt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Oh and Tim, wash your truck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I hate that when they TRY to tell a guy were to put his ride or she won't ride in it because " she doesn't like it" women think the world revolves around them sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoken like a bachelor... If Momma isn't happy, NOBODY is happy. You gotta pick your battles, and where you park your truck usually isn't a good one to pick. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

My, how things have changed(all for the better) on this board. About 3 yrs ago shortly after the purchase of a '90 Jimmy for my son, I asked about the Bridgstone Dueller M/T and was quickly handed my butt because Bridgestone/Firestone is a bunch of tree huggers, a fact I was not aware of, and didn't influence my decision to buy a set of used tires.

As far as the tires go, they are pretty decent, and handled well.

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My wife didn't like my K5 parked in "Her" Garage or out front either.Because it was always so muddy or covered in dirt. So she went out and found a new house with a Garage and a nice shop for the K5. So my truck would be nice and safe. I have a good wife. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Guess thats why I kept her for 20 years /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

About the tires: Check Wall Mart. They sell 12.50 x33" MT tires pretty cheap. I bought a set 3 years ago for around 460.oo mounted and balanced. They are still holding up good and hook up real well off road. I think they still sell them for 115.00 each

13. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

when did 33's become "large truck tires"?????? PATHETIC go anywhere for 33's ie sears, pep boys, walmart. wow!!!

14. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Walmart can order em and there like 115.00 each
    for there brand they also list 35's

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and Tim, wash your truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I do a thing like that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    when did 33's become "large truck tires"?????? PATHETIC go anywhere for 33's ie sears, pep boys, walmart. wow!!!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I had good luck with the Phantom AT from Discount Tire. Rode well, did good in the rocks and snow here in Colorado. Those ran me $410.00 installed with road hazard and 30,000 mile warranty. 33X12.50