Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Local Wrecking Yard Sucks...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Poohbair, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have always know my local wrecking yard sucks (A&A Autowrecking), but today about took the cake. I called them about a PS pump... they MIGHT have one, and if they did they were 45-50 bucks, depending on the pump. I can get one brand new for just over 50 bucks! Those guys are on crack, they don't have crap for inventory, and the stuff they do have is outrageously priced.
    Sorry, just wanted to rant.

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I agree -

The modern wrecking yards do suck - I miss the old days when in high school when I would skip school to go wrecking.

When I was looking for a 3/4 ton front axle, I went to nearly every wrecking yard on Portland's east side (as well as Columbia Blvd) - everyone wanted $350-$500 - my favorite though was one yard that had a front 3/4 ton 10 bolt that was missing one side from the knuckle out and they wanted $400 - I asked them how much for just the one side's hub and they wouldn't part out the axle because it was complete! - that rocked! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

There are still good yards - you just have to go where the missing tooth to tatoo ratio is a bit higher. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you just have to go where the missing tooth to tatoo /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifratio is a bit higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT cracked me up............so true tho! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Remind me to put in my dental plate and cover my tattoo's this weekend... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Nothing was worse than my trip to moses lake. Not only did they have the 57's (decent condition) but they wanted 85 bucks EACH. The recken yard just 20 miles away only wanted 80 bucks for the pair.(they of course didnt have any). That poor guy at moses lake got a piece of my mind. Its not very often I SNAP at somebody.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm still trying to round you up a set, the guy gave me a set but they were the 3" side wide ones not the 2.5's /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Jeremy

7. white-rhyno

Thanks 55willy. Get ahold of me when some come around. WOuld like to do the swap soon.

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Would a set of springs off of a 70-72 F100 work? I can get you a set of those for cheap from a friend of mine. Probably $25/pair.

9. kennyw

If you do find him a set of springs by this weekend bring them up to the meet on Sunday. I can bring them up with me and drop them off for him next week since I will be going up there anyway.

10. white-rhyno

kennyw
    arnt u the one who wanted that frame i had??

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

If I get them in time I'll bring them up.

12. kennyw

Frame? I am the one that got the frame and flatbed last week from poohbair... I still need to go back for the cab next week.