Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Located problem cylinder, NOW WHAT? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

OKay I have located the cause of my backfire through the carb. the #8 cylinder is not firing. I have fire to the plug, but no fire in the cylinder. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been told flat cam, but I would like to check out other options before tearing the engine down to do a camshaft. Does anyone have a way, short or a teardown, to check to see if I have a flat cam? I am hoping for a stuck valve or bent pushrod. Does anyone else have any suggestions of causes? I have good compression in the cylinder, but just won't light up. I have also been told that I could have a rocker that is too tight and not letting the valve close, how do you adjust the valves on a 350? I can't remember if it is till it quits clicking or 3/4 a turn after it quits clicking. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. One more? what is involved with a cam swap?

Thanks
    Krennen

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Pull off that valve cover, and watch movement of rocker arm's, on that cylinder.

Or use a dial indicator, on the rocker arm's, and crank the engine over by hand to compare with a known good cylinder.