Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Location, Location, Location?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by xplosuv, Mar 31, 2002.

1. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Hi there all you Dawgs!,
    What and where are all the ORV sites we can wheel at up here in the Nor-Cal area? There has to be more than:
    Carnagie, Praire City, Hollister, Pismo, Raines
    I like to gather as much info on these area's and or Trail's that we can roll around at. I go play around Sly Park area above Placerville alot, what other local runs does everybody know of.
    Thanks,
    (Tony) a.k.a Xplosuv

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of going(next sat.) to the doorington turn off above big trees to play in the snow before it goes down the drain..

3. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Dunerunner and I have some great places to go above Sonora by Long Barn.. Also I can't think of Goldrushes web site right now,,But he had a bunch of places listed...Dan

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

You able to go on sat...maybe pizza after...

5. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Kewl just getting idea's for content on the site, O mike I saw your post on the composit head lights. If you didnt know I have a Import race shop (fast & furious type) And I stock the 6" round conversions. They absolutly make a difference.

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Here is Daves site.It looks like he is re doing it. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>www.extremeblazer.com</a>

Lots of killer places to wheel near me whenever yall are up for a trip /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine owns a couple hundred acres up near Jackson, I think it is in Mountain Ranch. I know that there are some trails on the land but not sure what they are like. I was planning on calling him this week to see if it would be ok to wheel up there. He lives in Santa Barbra and I'm sure he will let us as long as we don't tear things up too bad. It is a great area with a stream running through the area and lots of places to hike and camp. I will let you know what he says.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

my rig should be rubicon ready by the end of this summer....anyone up to a trip on the con...maybe just make it a day trip from loon lake to little sluce and then back out...anyone up for it?...i have been as far as little sluce but not in my truck...we took my friends bronco (the one that was with me at blazer fest last year) and he was runnin open open axles and made it fine....so with me and lockers the only thing have to worry about is body damage.

9. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

There is highway 4. You have sourgrass trail right out of Dorrington, Ramseys trail- don't know if they gated yet or not, and Deer Valley trail, allthough last I heard it was getting pretty knarly. I like sierra trek about 30 miles this side of Truckee. Kind of a haul for one day but fun filled.

10. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah I'm definitely down for Rubicon run this summer!!!! I just got done converting mine to 3/4 ton locked up front and rear, with 4.56's and 36'' swampers..so bring on the sluce box!!! Plus, I've got about 2-3 other fullsize guys that want to go..we should all hookup and scare the hell out of all the "little" heepers and get some fullsize rigs up there.

11. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

I know of some REALLY good spots outside of Chico (my alma mater!!!) to hit the trails. A bunch of buddies and me are planning on some trips up there this summer, so we should get a bunch of rigs to go!! Really good wheelin, secluded, it has a string of lakes to camp at, good trails with rocks, mud, and streams....pretty much everything you could ask for.

12. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I would LOVE to go the CON. This would be my first.

LMK!!!! PLEAZ!!!!!!
    email me.

13. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

im so down for that, plus i got my dirtbike and such, personally i dont beat my truck that hard, but i ride like a mofo, as much as possible, so i could always accompany on the bike and take the truck too hehe