Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Location of fuel filter 86-S10 Blazer 4x4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tamika, May 26, 2005.

1. tamika

tamika Newbie

Yesterday I went to leave a restaurtant after lunch and the truck just wouldn't start. It would roll over just wouldn't start.
    We are assuming it is one of two things...

1-Fuel filter. I had let my tank get really REALLY low several times this last month so I am assuming I may have a clog. We can't find the filter location however.

2-Alternator. My volts were showing incredibly low...we did try to jump start (and pop the clutch) but neither worked.

HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'd disagree with your alternator theory. It's not gonna keep it from starting. If you've got enough volts to crank it over than you have enough volts for it to run.

3. tamika

tamika Newbie

Yes, you are correct. It is not the alt. One of the guys here at work had some gas can with him so we poured some in her (my truck that is) and she fired right up. So, pretty sure it's the filter. I had let the tank run low a few times (Yes, I know...this is my own fault) so my money is on the filter.

If I could only find the darn thing!

THANKS!

4. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Its on the frame rail drivers side or passengers side, really doubt that its the filter have somone turn the key while you listen by the gas tank to see if the pump is working, that's my guess. The pumps are cooled by the fuel so if you let it run low it may have gotten hot and cooked.

5. Iron_Weasel

Iron_Weasel Registered Member

Let me know these two things and I'll tell you where it is:
    1) 4 or 6 cylinder.
    2) Carbureted or fuel injected.