Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Location of ORD 2 1/2" Shackle Flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by crazyhole812, Apr 4, 2006.

1. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

i got my ORD 2 1/2" flip. it suggests locating it in the stock hanger holes. my 87 3/4 ton, (don't know about the blazers) has a second set of holes farther forward as well. i was thinking of making some longer shackles like on my front end. something like 7" for the droop, not lift. couldn't i use the forward holes and long shackles? :thinking:

2. crazyhole812

anyone? ORD guys?

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Call them and ask their opinion.

4. crazyhole812

has anyone else used the forward set of holes? whether it was with the 4" or 2 1/2" ?

5. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

you are probably seeing the holes for the mounts if you run 52" springs. but since you have a burb, you most likely have 56" springs. are the holes about 4" apart? if so, then use the forward mounts, AND switch sides with the flip kit. you will need them to be as far back as you can with 56" springs and 52" mount holes. and of coarse longer shackles, 6" prefered.

6. crazyhole812

actually i have a truck but same frame as burb. i do have the 56" springs. thanks for the input. if anyone else has anything to add, let me have it. are 7" shackles too long for the rearend? i did end up calling ORD. he said use the front holes and switch sides and use their long rear shackles. you were right masiony. i think i will make my own shackles though 125 is pretty steep for those shackles

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  7. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

you can also go with DIY4x's kit. it only comes in 4" at this point, but uses a different style of shackle that you could make your own.

8. crazyhole812

i probably should have made my own flip as well. but i saw that ORD had a 2 1/2 and thought it would be alright. earlier i had been thinking of making a no lift flip. i think that would have been easier because i wouldn't have to make the stock style shackle with the small end. oh well. i layout sheet metal fittings for a living so it won't be too bad figuring it out.