Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock-right, Advance auto brake lines instalded (plus funny RAV4 story)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yeild2me, Aug 29, 2002.

1. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Jan 7, 2001
    Yup, Just got it all installed, and drove through some light stuff just to check operation. It works great and the Advance Auto (raybestos pn which is the same as the NAPA one) are a great deal.

Now for the funny RAV4 story- When my wife got off work (I did this at the Auto Craft place on Ft. Bragg), she came by and helped me finish up and even test drove it while I walked beside checking for leaks. On the way home, we stopped by this little trail which is now full of standing water, and I told here that sinceits 4WD, she could follow me. The first time through was more of a test to see what the depth was, which wasnt very deep. The second time I stopped and nailed the throttle leaving somewhat medium size ruts. She knew what I was up to and really let the poor little RAV4 have it and she BLASTED through it with a huge splash!! Should of seen her face /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . She said "I figured thats what you would do!!" Anyway, I guess you had to be there!