Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock-Right Differentials Good or Bad?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by POFF, Dec 15, 2001.

1. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

Has anyone heard anything Good or Bad about Lock-Right or Quick-Lock differentials? Anyone have one in their front Dana 44? I'm thinking of getting one. Don't want to put too muh money into the D44. If I have to spend a lot I rather buy a D60. It looks like the Lock-Right can be installed in the stock carrier without removing it from the axle. Comments?

Thanks

Never said I could spell!
    '70 K-20 San Diego, CA

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

poff how you doing :-) i got a lockright installed on my gm12, i've had it for about a yr and had no problems with it. it is kinda lound at times when i hit the gas around turns, big clunk. not sure how it would work on a front. when i did my research on it i found that a lot of people used them up front, d44s. it's cheap, uses the same carrier, and it'll get you out of tight spots. i would say go for it.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

3. HarryL

HarryL 1/2 ton status

Poff,

I've got a lock right in my front 3/4t D44. Ive got 38" Gumbos on it and I have not had any problems at all with it. It locks up when I need it, and the weight if the 38's have not seemed to bother it. I've run it in mud, sand, rock climbing, and deep snow.

I've got a 454/350/205 with D44/14 bolt axles. No problem, slips right in.

Harry

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have a lock-right in the front of my Jimmy. Its 10 bolt but as held up well in rockcrawling so far.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. POFF

POFF 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I think that's going to be my next upgrade. Hopefully in time for the Tierra Del Sol '02 Desert Safari in March. I have a Detroit locker in my 14 bolt so I'm already used to the noise. Did you guys put them in your self? Looks pretty easy. I have 33's with a fairly stock 350 so I shouldn't break it. I want a D60 with cross-over steering and 4:56s but I can 't afford it right now. Then I'd need the shackle flip, 4:56 rear and 35s. ...ok time to wake up. Thanks again for the help.

Never said I could spell!
    '70 K-20 San Diego, CA