Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock right in D60 Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1987Blazer, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 1987Blazer

1987Blazer 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to install a lock right locker in my open D60. Are there two diffrent size roll pins that hold the center pin into the carrier. I got the pin out but the holes look like diffrent sizes 1/4 and 5/16 back of ring gear. Having a hell of a time getting all the roll pin material out of the hole on the back of the ring gear thinking of drilling it out?:confused:

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The roll pin goes in & comes out the same side (with the larger hole). The smaller hole is just for your punch.

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Don't drill it. The roll pin only goes in one way.

I though I remembered to tell you that when I dropped of the steering crap??? I might have forgotten to though.

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

You are talking about the small pin that holds the cross shft in place, correct? If so, I am with you. I had a heck of a time and finally found a long piece of thin metal and was able to get it int he hole and drive it towards the drivers side.

5. 1987Blazer

1987Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey Readymix you told me but then I forgot.:o Anyway I drilled it from the side with the large hole with a bit the size of the smaller hole. That pin would not move. Is the large hole the same size all the way to the pin in the carrier? or does it taper? Part of the roll pin that came out In one piece was small in diameter.