Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock Right install......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Oct 30, 2003.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Is installing a LockRight in a front 10 bolt as easy as openeing the diff cover, dropping the cross pin, removing the spiders and installing the locker? Or do you need to remove the axleshafts from the end? Seems to me that you only need to remove the diff cover.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You will need to pull at least one axleshaft back so you can get the whole mess into your carrier. I'd think you'll have to pull both of them. I've never installed a lockright in a front axle though so never attempted it with only one side apart. When ya do a rear it's just too easy to push the shafts out and be done with it.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Thats where I'm getting all cornfused. There are no c clips so I don't think you need a lot of room. I'm not doing it but I was having a discussion with a friend who had talked about doing it. ( I'm DONE with lockrights)

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Cool, thanks cousin. Just what I needed. Pulling 1 is better than both I guess.