Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock-right.....strange BANG??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Sep 20, 2001.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Got it installed and I've noticed than sometimes it will make a "Bang" when you take off or stop then go, is this when it is engaging?? and I checked it out it.. IS.. installed correctly..... and will they hold up with 35's?? THX

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have a lock rite in the front of my Jimmy. It held up fine so far. They will bang. You will get use to it. They are supose to.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Yep it is working fine.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have one in the front and rear of my K5. The rear usually bangs very loudly occasionally. I usually watch for an axle to spit out the side when it does it, but thats just the characteristics of the Lock Rite. I have wheeled with mine for 2 years without problems. I run 37" Boggers with mine and have been to several pretty tough areas to wheel. I am typically a crawler and usually do not allow my vechicle to "hop" or "bounce" when it starts to spin. This is usually when you start breaking parts.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

5. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i have one up front mine never used to really pop hard till just a couple months ago and man does that thing pop my tire even jurks a bit (this happens only when i turn). It all started after poping my front axle shaft (going air born and land on one tire) so im still not sure if thats norm or not it works fine when crawling up rocks ect.

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

6. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

Not to worry,it will do that.The 35's will be fine,I used a lockrite with 39's and had no problem.I actually liked all the noise,esp when all the people looked at you as the truck sounded like it was blowing up.It is a much better sound than the Hondas that sound like a bee in heat.

chevrules...always has and always will

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

do they make those for 14Bsf axles?

donate to the "Build Scott's Suburban Foundation"
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

8. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

Yes they do,part # 1950.

chevrules...always has and always will

9. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

Yup, they sure do ... best price I've been able to find was at National Drivetrain: Blue 87 GMC Jimmy
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)