Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock-Right

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mrhoes, Dec 17, 2002.

1. mrhoes

mrhoes 1/2 ton status

Has anyone had experence with a lock-right i am thinking
    about putting one in my front and rear ten bolts how bad is steering in mud and how bad is the locking and unlocking any input is apprecated

86 k5 305 np208 31's

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I run a lock rite in the front on my dana 60. If your on the gas hard you wont steer in the mud. Mud racing can get exiting over this. I ran over some timing lights cause I could not steer out of it. Just regular 4 wheeling it can have an effect on the steering but, its well worth the trade off. Makes a big difference off-roading.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure Mudzer, and a few others have had less than sterling performance w/ the 1/2 ton "pop-rights" /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I could be mistaken, though.

John

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Damn straight...i broke my shear pins and tore up the locker... not my axleshafts, not my gears,but the locker itself, playing around in the sand. too much power I gueess /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    lol /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Ohh yeah, clicking and clunking... its really anoying.

5. motorheadnelson

motorheadnelson Registered Member

I have one in the rear. Haven't broke it yet. As noted, they make noise, and once in a while it will unbind with a big CLUNK! You'll wonder what the hell broke..Highway driving manners change. You have to learn to overcome the locked rears trying to push the truck around..looks like a brewsky too many until you get a handle on it. Also, quite a bit of freeplay due to the cross shaft/gear clearance. Mine is still in, but I think next time I want a locker, I'll go for the real deal...Detroit.