Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lock-Right???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Diesel Dan, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Looking for feed back on people running the lock-right in D60/D70 and Corp 14FF axles.

The only two lockers I can get for my rear application is the lock-right($357) and No-spin($487).

Rear axle is Dana 70-2UA(3.07&32spline) and front Dana 61(3.07). Figure the stock carrier on my 70 should be much stouter than that of the 30s&44s.

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I've got a lock right in my front 60.. and its been very good to me. I would tell anyone to buy one... I also know quite a few folks around here should chime in soon! BTW - you should be able to land the front LR for about $310 plus the ride /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Dan

3. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Just did a search on the LR.
    Sounds like the no-spin isn't worth the extra $$$. Was a little leary with all the failures I've heard about in the smaller axles. But sounds like the '70 unit should be stout enough.

For the front. When I get the D60 installed in the sub I hope someone will have an electric locker out. If not I would want an ARB for the truck. Don't think the dodge will get a front locker, if so it'll be a lock right. Options very slim for the 3.07 axles.

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Your search probably already turned up my opinion on the LR. I have one in my D60 and I think it is a fine option. My only problem is that the "pop" can be annoying, sounds much different than a Detroits solid bang. First time I heard it, I thought I broke an axle! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Anyway, a friend of mine (norulz here) has been running one in a F350 truggy with 42s for years and no problems. It's survived broken axles and u-joints several times...