Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lockbox / Console for Blazer(73)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bobsurf, Jun 26, 2001.

1. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

I'm looking for some type of Lockbox or center console to keep valuables in while the top is off. I've got a 73 Blazer, it's 80 degrees outside, and I've gotta have somewhere to put the important stuff while surfing. A keyless model would be ideal (combiniation lock, converted safe, etc.) Ideas?

Newbie, 73 Blazer project

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I don't know of any combination ones, but check out Tuffy Consoles, forget their website, but Steve has an article on it in the products page here on this site. I have the Tuffy, and I lock all my stuff in it. No vandals since, and before I had it, my truck been robbed twice!!
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

3. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

Check out Tuffy Consoles, they make a couple that should take care of your needs. I use the Security Stereo Console in my K5 (12" wide version) & also one in my 68 Bronco (8" version). Very tough to break into and perfect place for CD changers, stereos & CB's.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

4. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Heck i went down to the steel yard and bought some 14 gauge diamond plate. Made a console that holds my reciever, eq, and inside holds my 10 disc changer. Has a flip top lid, and it's stout as hell. You can stand, sit, and jump on it if you wanted too. Also water proof, and made a cover to go over the top of it so it is pretty much theft proof and you can't even see the stereo or eq with it on. Oh yeah getting it rhinolined too. I should get some picks someday. Later - Doug

Doug Krebs

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I thought about this, but then I got to thinking. If someone really wants what's in there, they will probably going to get it. All they have to do is unbolt the box and steal it. Make sure you botl it down real well...maybe even use some security torx head bolts like the ones that come on the tops of our K5's if you can find some. I don't know how likely it is that someone will unbolt the thing, but just something to think about.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

6. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I bolted mine down with the bolts going up into the console and then used castle nuts with cotter keys thru the bolts. Impossible to remove without access to console. I used 4 3/8" bolts thru custom framework for mounting seats & console.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

7. Steelhead

Steelhead Newbie

If you want some thing that will be cheap to buy use an old ammo can they come in all kind of sizes just add a clasp lock paint it or Rhino line it or even carpet it and bolt it in.