Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Locked and loaded

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Jul 23, 2006.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Well, finally got off my butt and put in my 14ff with the richmond lock-right. Back when I got the lock-right I had read that it operates a little more aggressively than even the detroit......No kiddin, makes driving a little more interesting, sent a dad running to his child on a bike when I was turnin the corner, chirp chirp, clunk, bang.... :D :D :D Got a new toy to play with, lol. Already getting used to allowing for it to unlock before turning.

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

how much did this run ya if ya dont mind? my bro needs a locker.. and damn this seems good if it is what you say.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got it on a Christmas sale bout a yr and a half ago, Im thinkin I paid ~250 for it, was a good bit less than the detroit, which is why I went with it. However, it isnt a lunchbox locker, and some people will say the pins & springs break all the time. Some people have problems others dont. Ill take the chance and dare to be different.

http://www.richmondgear.com/0002pdfs/1000702MIA.pdf theres the installation manual for it, dont let the samurai thing at the beginning throw you, its the one that comes w/ the one for the 14FF. The 14ff is p/n 1955 by the way. The end of page 4 has a diagram showing how it goes together.

http://www.powertrax.com/lockright.html There the link to the main page.