Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

locked out..any tricks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jan 2, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

caot hanger trick dont work i dont know were people came up with that..any other tricks..and no i dont got a slim jim

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

hammer? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

strong knife? and what year is the truck if its older most likely the lock has had enough use then the knife should work

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if you can catch onto the lever that the bototm of the manual door lock inside rod attaches to with hook on end of coat hanger then you can pull it up, yes

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The coat hanger trick works great, if you know how to do it. You have to get it inside the door to where the linkage between the cylinder and the locking knob (or lever) is located. Once you find that, then you just have to get the end of the coat hanger hooked on the linkage properly and then the lock will magically unlock for you. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I once freaked out a guy that I worked with by unlocking his new Chevy pickup in less than 15 seconds. He came in complaining that he had locked his keys in the truck, so I volunteered to help him get them out. Since I had plenty of practice on my own Chevy truck, I knew exactly where the linkage ran and how to get it to unlock the door. He simply couldn't believe how easy it was to get inside! I then told him that I was an amatuer when compared to a prefessional car theif. They can open a locked door so fast that you can hardly tell when they did it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

so many options
    so little time
    Sad to say
    these things are so easy to get into
    1. call AAA
    2. as noted knife or drill out lock cylinder
    3. HERES A new 1
    If you have electric rear window
    go to the back and unplug the electric connector thzat feeds power to the window then just hook up a set of jumper cables to a spare battery and and run the ground to your fram and just touch one of the outher wires wioth the red your window comes down and you open gate and crawl in
    P.S.
    Note to self make extra set of keys and join AAA :-)
    Best of luck @ ya
    R

7. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

if you have a wing window
    try that,
    thats how i get into mine
    good luck

8. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Watching AAA do it once helps a lot. My mom got in teh habit of locking the keys in the 90 burb when i was little, and a week after i watched AAA slim jim it she did it agian. So i did the coat hanger thing in about 10 min, and i was only like 9 yrs old /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Make yourself a slim jim, fidn somethign to wedge back the rubber, and go at it til it works. THen you'll know in the future.....

9. clutch

clutch Registered Member

pry back door slightly and use a coat hanger with a loop bent in the end slip it through the small opening you made by prying door then over the lock knob and pull up

or bend some thick wire in a z and stick it through the wing widow seal and pop the wing window open

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i managed ot drag my friend over hear ot get me to the bank and parts store so at least im not in a rush now...got to ride in his "new" 96 ram anyway..pretty sweet truck..that 360 moves pretty good. but anyway..im ganna go find something ot wedge the rubber back..i could get the thing past the rubber...

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

it wil be hard to snake around door jamb past weatherstripping with how the doors tucks into door cab frame

also do you have back sliding glass ?

12. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

Take out that rivit on the wing window to avoid damageing the lock mechanism, that is what i'd do, then just re rivit or bolt it back on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

13. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

sliding rear window? force it open, crawl inside..
    have brick? throw it.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif