Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Locker advise needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, Mar 7, 2006.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Looking for a ft locker for my D60 but do not want to go to a no-spin Detroit or a ARB at this time. What are you running and do you like it? Most of my wheeling is Rocks no mud.

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I can give you some indirect experience.

We rode with a guy at Blazer Bash last year, and he is running a Lock-Rite in his D60. He said he likes them and has never had a problem with 'em. I got the impression he's had them in more that a couple axles.

He made Potato Salad Hill look silly:
    [​IMG]

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i did a pool one time. detroit was #1 and lock right was #2 hope that helps ya.

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to try lock-rite for the D60. I wish I had all the cash for a ARB but such luck.

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I think the Lock-right is definitely the most bang for the buck when it comes to a front locker. I've been running one in my 60 with 38" TSL's for years now with no issues, including breaking two 30-spline stubs and one necked-down inner shaft (all at different times). A friend of mine also ran a Lock-right in a 60 under a 7,000 lb. bigblock Ford with 38's for several years with no problems......though he did strip it out after going to 42" TSL's.

6. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input. That did help alot nice to hear from someone that has one. I think this will be just what I need for now I'm not a throttle jockey so it should hold up with 39.5 swampers.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Baddog broke a D60 lockright with 42's a couple years ago. Beyond that I have not heard of anybody firsthand that has had a problem with them. My buddy Matt (az-k5) runs a lockright with 40" MTR's and has snapped a 30 spline stub with no problem from the lockright and he had 37" MTR's before that. He abused the D60 pretty hard with the 37's and it didn't make peep.

I run a lockright in my 10 bolt front and it has been fine for me. I got it already installed in an axle that had seen some trail time and I have since put a few more hours of trail time on it with zero problems.

That being said, if I had the money I would get the Detroit. I won't knock a Lockright but if I had the choice of a Lockright and a Detroit and the money wasn't much of an issue I would take the Detroit hands down.

Harley

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I also broke a hub last week screwing around. Still no lock right issues. Fred (FWP) has broken a slew of D60 shafts/stubs and not a problem. Matt with the great pumpkin (Az local not on the board) has also killed a half dozen D60 parts with no lock right issues.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Isn't the Aussie Locker basically a (slightly) upgraded lockrite? might be an option...

j