Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

locker...looks interesting...!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, May 20, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well i was in school today taking a final and was reading some older "4wheel and off road" magazines. i came acroos a german made locker from Offrotec, it looks bad ass.. this is what it says: " The Offrotec locker uses a sliding shift fork thats mounted in a new cast-aluminum differential cover. This design is similar to an Ox locer, but unlike the cable-acutated Ox, the Offrotec locker uses a vacuum diaphragm to push and pull the fork to lock and unlock the differential." now that sounds cool! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif so has anybody heard of it, or used it? it is in the December 2002 issue. they tested it and said it was amazing, they put it in a dana 60 up front and abused the crap out of it..so anybody ???
    thanx guys!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have never even heard of it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> These are the ones on www.killeraxles.com that have the toaster oven thingy on the front, right where a rock would want to bash it to bits. The guy said that he was going to be bringing them to the states but I have yet to see one in person.</font>

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn a little spendy /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Jeeps had that vacuum actuated 4WD engagement on the front axle for a number of years. Everytime I hear about one of those it is generally accompanied by cursing. So hopefully the locker would be a little more reliable than that.

For that price, why not just get a proven ARB?

6. wfo163

wfo163 1/2 ton status

I thought about this locker as well but then they stopped making the vacuum operated one. I cant really justify the price either. For how expesive they are one might as well just go with the ARB.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

why would you watn a vaccum operated locker? Whats wrong with electric or cable? I mean vaccums develop leaks and I know that half the time I have problems wiht my engine its something dealing with the vaccum system. I know its different but I never try to add to a vehicles vaccum system just remove the stuff.