Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Locker Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by super k, Mar 23, 2007.

1. super k

super k 1/2 ton status

After cleaning and inspecting,I installed a Locker in my Eaton HO52 and it just spun one side like a live axle.It was worse than bias.I heard some harsh sound,too.I pulled it and could find nothing wrong.They can only go together one way.Luckily I had another unit and I installed that.It`s working fine.I`ve never run into this before.I suspected a weak spring,but they looked all the same,in both units.I checked tension best as possible.They seemed about the same.
    Has anyone run into anything like this before?I`d like to get this one in another rear I have.I know these aren`t available new anymore.But,would replacement parts still be available?Has anyone gotten replacement parts?

2. super k

super k 1/2 ton status

No Locker gurus?

3. super k

super k 1/2 ton status

??????^^^^

4. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

Is this the type with the coils springs? It's possible those are worn/weak. It's also possible that the side clutches are worn. I'd probably give eaton a call.

5. super k

super k 1/2 ton status

Yeah,it`s the Detroit Locker with coils.That`s what I suspected to be weak.Actually,I expected to see a broken one.Without a proper tension measuring device,they seam the same as the ones in the second unit that works fine.No clutches.