Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Locker probs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5floyd, Oct 4, 2005.

1. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

the other daythe truck random starting driving very odd i think right after backing out of a parking spot and soon i realized only the passenger side back tire was providing the driving force and causing the the strong pull the left when i get on the gas and spining the passenger tire occaisonally around a corner when its dry and spining it almost every time when excelerating from a dead stop. its a 10 bolt with a detroit and 35s. i dont think the spline to the drivers side axle could has stripped because i havnt done any wheeling or put any other stress on it other than daily driving, so im thinking its something with the detroit. any ideas?

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

sounds normal to me. If its chirping around the corners its locked.

3. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

its not chirping it spins freely very easily the drivers side tire does not provide any driving force. and giving it gas making a left turn even when its wet out i almost never spin unless i give it a lot of gas and its still the passenger side tire that spins

4. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

LOL then it sounds like its broke, dont understand what you are asking. pop the cover and see whats up.

5. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

yeah im gonna pull the cover off tomorrow, but i dont really know if i should be looking at specific parts of the locker for probs. also wanted to know if anyone might have an idea what could be causing the locker to do this