Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lockers or Posi??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nemesis_pyros, Jan 23, 2005.

1. nemesis_pyros

nemesis_pyros 1/2 ton status

Hey guys i'm sure this question has been asked a million times but I have a more specific question. I recently lost 3rd and 4th gear in my 700r and will be rebuilding it soon, figured this might be a good time to regear the 10 bolts (I now they are not the strongest but for my type of wheeling they should be good for now) for 35's and put in lockers or posi. I use my rig mostly for DD but i want some thing capable off road. Now up here in Manitoba, Canada its winter for a LONG time and roads are often icy. So I'd like to know what would offer the best drivability on icy roads.

I know lockers are the best off road and thats kinda the way i'm leaning but I don't want this thing to be all squirrely on icy roads.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I would go with a locker. You just will have to learn how to drive it on icy roads. If the posi is tight it will probably act just like a locker on ice anyway. Most posi's will wear out over time and have to be rebuilt or trash. Some posi's are not rebuildable. My vote is for a locker.

Harley

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Both lockers and posi's are squirrely on icy roads. But I'd go with lockers.