Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lockers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bajaviking, Apr 29, 2002.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Which one to choose - I have a 10 bolt with 33 inch tires and I don't wheel it too hard, I'm thinking about about putting an affordable locker in it but don't know which one to choose. I have seen that the Lock Right, Quick Lock and EZ locker are in the same price range, which one would you get.

Check out my 86 K5 on : http://community.webshots.com/user/thomask103

2. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I've heard bad things about the EZ-locker, but pretty much good stuff about the Lock-Right. It'll give you the same performance of a Detroit, but it still isn't quite as bulletproof. Also, the Lock-Righes are not as smooth in operation, i.e. more banging and popping noises.

3. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I have a lock-right in my 14SF. I like it. It made quite a difference in traction. Install was super easy and it didn't require taking the carrier out. Mine is pretty noisy and isnt terribly smooth (supposedly the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.powertrax.com/noslip.htm>no-slip</a> is better on both of those) but the way I look at it if I can hear it clicking when I turn then I know that it's still working.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I run that newer Dynatrax locker in the front which is supposed to be a stronger, syncronized Lock-Rite. It is not supposed to pop and bang and is supposed to be stronger than the axelshafts. So far its survived well with my 39.5's and my right foot. It lasted through a week of moab with no problem.