Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lockers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by windrider, Mar 18, 2000.

1. windrider

windrider Registered Member

I wanted to install a locker in a 10 bolt. I was looking at a Detroit Locker or an ARB. Any feedback would be appreciated. Most my off roading is hunting or ice fishing.
    Thanks!

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you arn't running big tires/dont need to change your gear ratio, an EZ-Locker is a good option because you can do it yourself. Leon Rosser(the Jeep place) has the best prices on them. Jim

BigJBear '80 GMC

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I agree, for just hunting and ice fishing then a Detroit EZ locker or LockRite would be just fine. they are comparable in price and a lot cheaper than other lockers

4. Boggin' Blazer

Boggin' Blazer 1/2 ton status

Not to knock what the others have said, but if you are putting this in the rear, you WILL want to replace the diff with a FULLCASE LOCKER, the factory case is the downfall of the 10 bolt rear. Just my .02. I have about 10 broken 10 bolt cases if you would like to see the aftermath!

David

[​IMG]Drive it like you<font color=red>Stole</font color=red>it!!![​IMG]

5. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I agree, go ahead and spend the extra money on a full case locker for the added strength. If you don't do serious wheeling, you might want to consider a Detroit TruTrac. They are better on the street and work really well off-road, but not as well as a locker though.