Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lockers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CBLAZER81, Apr 4, 2000.

1. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I just put a locker in and now it pulls to one side when I speed up and then pulls to the other side back out of it.I assume this is normal because my buddy's posi does the same thing.Is there anything i can do to fix this or just get used to it??

Yes,I have driven over a F*&d lately!

2. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

I have Detroit Lockers in my 73 K5 and 86 K20 Suburban and neither of them exhibit any pull to either side.
    CB

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I would check the tires to make sure they have the same air pressure in them. Also measure them to make sure they are the same diameter, there is also a certain amount of tolerance in the manufacturing process which can lead to slight differences in overall diameter.

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a Detroit in the rear of my 74 K5, with a 14 Bolt GM Corporate Axle. It from time to time pulls from one side to the other when I let off the gas on the freeway and reapply gas. Just something you gotta get used to. Most important, pay attention when driving.

5. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I have a detroit in the rearend of my 70 k5 and when i hit the gas it pulls to one side or the other from time to time. Don't know if the locker is causing it though because i can't remember how it was w/o the locker

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

6. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I know my posi in my show car when I stomp on it. It does pull to one side then agina the the tires are a pure smoke cloud but I was under the impression in a Blazer with lockers you do not feel that much of a difference at least those are the people I have talked it. What type of locker?

7. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I have Detroits in two of my rigs. The one with the manual tranny pulls to one side or the other upon acceleration and deceleration. The auto euqipped truck does not pull at all.

ken

8. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

I have 700R4 with a Detroit locker in a 14-bolt, pulls right on acceleration and left on deceleration. I have 2 full sets of tires and they have been rotated, so it's not tires. This did not happen with my 10-bolt and limited slip.

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]

9. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I would imagine that if your rearend is pulling to one side when under acc. and to the other at decel. its because either your rearend is cock'd at a slight angle, or something is woreout. It could be something as simple as your spring pad's alignment pin being too large, to your u-bolts not being tight enough, all the way to your spring bushings needing to be replaced.

Best of luck.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

10. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help.I'm looking toward the bad rear spring bushings.I've had a set for quite a while,guess i'll have to break down and put them in.I'll keep y'all informed as to if it works or not.

Yes,I have driven over a F*&d lately!