Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Locking Gas Caps

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris_T, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Went out on the weekend, got to the gas station Sunday morning to find (about a 1/4 tank later and almost bone dry) that someone had stolen my gas cap. Was thankful that no one decided to dump anything in there while they were at it. Anyway, went looking for a locking cap, decent parts store with the books, but none listed a locking cap for Blazers, only pickups, even though the non-locking cap was the same part number for both. Is there a specific difference in the the filler necks that would make this so?

Picked up a cap and ordered the locking pickup one to see if it would work as is or with minor mods. Anyone know? I'll post again when I get it.

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Most of the time the parts are the same for the K5 as the K10. I had a locking gas cap till the first freezing rain. Water run down in the lock and freezes real well! SO keep that in mind.

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Picked up the cap, worked no problem. Same application as a C10 (but not 20 or 30).

Not too much worry of freezing rain here. -40 degree temperatures maybe, but no freezing rain.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

LOL! I had water freeze up in my lift gate's lock on a few duck hunting trips. Not fun when you're trying to get your dogs and firearms into the truck, but humorous afterward.