Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Locking Lug Nuts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blaize, Apr 13, 2000.

1. Blaize

Blaize Registered Member

In my quest for peace-of-mind in a world full of thieves, I have recently decided to put locking lug nuts on my wheels to prevent them from being 'permanently borrowed'. I cannot locate them, however, and need your help.

I am looking for a package of four locking lug nuts with "special key" that will fit my '85's wheels. The wheels have 9/16" diameter studs and is a 6-bolt. The existing non-locking lug nuts are the "conical taper" type.

Anyways, my local Pep Girls, AutoZone, Kragen, etc do not have these in their inventory. I also checked with my local GM dealer, and they do not offer these. What's the deal ??? I put a set of these on my '76 K5 a few years back and found them very easily.

So, has anyone else found these 9/16" conical nuts anywhere ? And, if you haven't put these on your wheels, why not ??? It would be real easy for someone to steal my "underpriced" Dick Cepek 36"x16.5"x15", and I don't like the thought of that !

Lemme know, please !

Blaize
    '85 Green Meanie

2. Truckfan2

Truckfan2 1/2 ton status

check with either summit racing or jeg's. both are online

NEVER been stuck... *yet*

3. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Gorilla locking lugs make all 24 locking lugs. Try speed shop or off-road shop