Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lockout won't sit far enough in hub?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eldon519, Jul 6, 2003.

1. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

Lockout won\'t sit far enough in hub?

Hey, I could use some of the members' expertise on this one. I just recently converted my Dana 60 to 35-spline stub shafts with Milemarker hubs. The problem is that on the passenger side, the lockout body slides in far enough to install the snap ring to hold it in but the cap assembly won't sit deep enough in the hub for the rubber O-ring to seal. I tried tapping in the body with a hammer and tapping the snap ring to make sure it was flush against the body but there still just isn't enough room. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Lockout won\'t sit far enough in hub?

Is there an extra snap ring (the little one) in there somewhere. I had to remove them on my 3/4 ton 10b to get my hubs to go in...I guess it is ok.

3. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

I dont' think so. At least I didn't notice it while taking it apart. I can't really imagine what would keep it from going all the way in unless the hub is sitting too far back on the spindle?

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

You most likely have an interference problem between the end of the stub axle and the locking hub turn dail. Take a look at this thread on Pirate (and look at the link inside this link), this has been covered here before but I could not find it quickly. Try searching the forum with "35 spline hub" and such.