Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lockouts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by new2k5, Dec 20, 2002.

1. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

hi i'm new to this blazer thing. just bought an 87 k5 on tuesday. anyway, my auto hubs take a lot of reverseing to unlock. i have heard that these are very problematic. how hard is it to switch to lockouts? are wrans really any better than the rest? thanks, i will probably be on here asking a but load of questions since i WAS a jeep guy for years and dont really know squat about blazers.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

don't know about difficulty but i have heard the warns are very good hubs.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

It's as simple as pulling out the old, useless, auto-locking crap...and putting in the new, stout, good, manual hubs. I've done this already and used Warn standard hubs...no problems to speak of yet.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

15 minutes per side and you'll be on your way again. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fill out your profile so folks know what ya have and where ya live. You might find out that someone in your area can even help you with the install. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Definitly DO THIS!!!!! every time I went wheeling my auto hubs either broke, or wouldnt lock when i need them to and got stuck. I have the warn premiums now, no complaints. although if you do it if you have an early 80s the front ( early 10bolt) stub shafts arnt long enough to use the snap ring that goes between the outer hub nut and the locking hub housing ( makes more sense if you have a diagram ) so you dont put the ring in there...the directions kinda say this but there not very clear...I had to find out the hard way what they ment because I put it all in there and it was so tight cause of the lack of room that it eventually broke /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif the locking hub housing. so i redid it and works great ever since.

6. new2k5

new2k5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif