Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lockrite question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I need to take out my lockrite out of my 10 bolt and cant figure it out, if I take the crosspins out should it pretty much fall out

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

you've got to take the four pins out that hold the lockright itself together. Remove the springs and push the pins until they're in one side or the other. Two will have to go one way and the other two the other way. Then remove the cross shaft, turn the center pieces 90*, and pull them out individually. Then the two outer pieces can be removed.

If you're going to put the spider gears back in make sure you remove the thrust washers from the outers of the lock right and put them back on the side gears.

If you have any more questions, post up, I own two lockrights for different trucks myself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

ok thanks no syders arent going back in Im just parting out the old 10 bolt Ill post up if Im having anymore problems

4. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

I think you can get directions from the lockright web site.

5. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ok thanks no syders arent going back in Im just parting out the old 10 bolt Ill post up if Im having anymore problems

[/ QUOTE ]

so does that mean u will have a lockright for sale in the near future?? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If not get yours at www.rocky-road.com. That's where I got my front one, and I got it for a really good price.

7. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so does that mean u will have a lockright for sale in the near future?? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yep but it has beeen sold ever since id been tinkering the idea