Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lockrite question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bhintz, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

if I put a lockrite in my d60 with the 4.10 carrier and switch it gears to 5.13s and get that carrier would I need to get a new lockrite or well that lockrite work

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Your lockright would transfer into the new carrier. Axle spline count is the only thing that matters and all Chevys have 35 spline inners.

If you're buying a new carrier I'd just go with a Detroit though. I have a lock-right now but when if I ever change gears, I'm going with a Detroit.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I had a lockrite when I ran 3.73's (!). I still have it now with the 5.13's. If I had to do it all over again.....

You have to get a new carrrier anyway. The detroit comes with a new carrier. It will cost some more bones but it might be worth it. I'm waiting to break my front lock rite.

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I know what your saying about the detroit but I can either get the lockrite and new iroks or get the new front gears and detroit but wont have enough cash to do the rear gears so looks like ill be getting the lockrite /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah, It should get you by for some time. Mine has held up well to some heavy abuse over the years. I know BadDog has busted his though. He is very hard on parts though.