Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

locktite, help asap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Aug 30, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Which color locktite should I use on the steering box bolts? Should I put locktite on all the bolts for the ORD steering brace, or just the ones that go to the steering box? Thanks.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I would use some of the strongest stuff you could since that is something that you dont remove often.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The blue (242 I think) is what I would use. There is some that requires heat as in blow torch till it glows to remove the bolts that would be over kill for that. What did the kit cost you btw and how long did it take to arive after you ordered it? I need to get one on mine soon and hopefully before Dixie run at the end of september.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

4. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Blue for assembly if you want to remove them later, Green for penetrating into threads after assembly, and Red if its going together for good or in extremely high vibration or high temperature areas (ie jet engine burner section).
    Red and Blue need to go on the threads before assembly and Green can be applied to the threads after assembly (best when the exposed threads are up so gravity can assist in drawing it into the thread area). If green and blue are used the item can be unscrewed whereas red will require a long breaker bar, an even longer cheater bar and a fat lady out of a donut shop to maybe break it loose. Otherwise heat will need to be applied.

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

...don't get any on your "Hootus"!

behemoth K5

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Grim,
    When I ordered mine (ORD steering brace) I ordered it from Moose from this forum for like $95 or something, forgot. But it took about a week or week and a 1/2 to get to me after I placed the order b/c I sent a check and they waited till they recieved the check, you know normal procedure.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

7. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

"Hootus" [​IMG] Go with <font color=blue>Blue</font color=blue>. The <font color=red>Red</font color=red> if pretty brutal should you ever need to remove it.

<font color=blue>~BigBurban</font color=blue>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I got the kit from ORD for $95. I ordered it on a Monday and it came on Friday. Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I'll take the red back and get blue.

Brian
    84k5, 4"Skyjacker lift,33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R, 15x10 Bajas