Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LODI area members PLEASE READ I need HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chris672, May 31, 2002.

1. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I got pulled over today because my truck matched the description of a Blazer that was involved in a hit and run and it wasnt me. The officer said that I fit the description too. The officer took my info and some pics of me and my truck and he was going to take them to the guy that was hit on his bike and see if he id's me. I know that there is a blazer in town that looks alot like mine. Anyone know where this guy lives. What do I do it the guy says it was me?
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chrisandliz00>pics of my Jimmy</a>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think they'd have to corroborate the witnesses statement with some physical evidence on your truck.
    I was in your exact shoes once a long time ago...a cyclist had been hit and seriously injured. My car fit the decription exactly and I frequently drove that particular stretch of road. The police came to my house and asked a whole bunch of questions. I had just replaced both doors on the car which made them quite suspicious that I had hidden the damage. I had to take them to my rented garage and show them the doors that were on the car, the side view mirror's I had replaced etc. Even after that I had my rights read to me and had to sign a 'warned statement' saying I understood I was under investigation. There was no proof, and I never hit the guy, eventually the whole matter was dropped (on my end)

Find out the time, date and location of the incident. With any luck you can confidently state you were nowhere near that location at the time and hopefully have witnesses to back that up.

Rene

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Do you have any body damage anywhere? Sounds like a crock of crap to me....! If he says it's you then let them prove it. With a hit and run most likely there's gotta be damage that's very much visable. Even our big trucks can suffer damage.....

4. tRustyK5

Your truck looks a lot like Derf00's truck...and probably at least a dozen others in the surrounding area. It's not like it has purple zebra stripes and a 5" snorkel scoop or something.

They gotta have more proof than they do...if you didn't hit this person just cooperate and give them all the info you can.

Rene

5. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Sounds like I dont need to worry as much as I was. The officer told me when it happened and I told him that I couldn't really remember what I was doing but i thought that I was just home watching TV. I dont think the guy was hurt. It sounded like he jumped off his bike and the guy ran it over.

6. tRustyK5

You gotta remember that a lot of people can't even tell the difference between a Blazer and a Bronco...let alone while jumping off a bike.

Let em prove it...

Rene

7. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

As much as i hate to say it, i would consult/retain a lawyer. Exspecialy since you have been read your rights, i would refrain from talking to the police until you have done so.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have seen it around...if i see it again i will let ya know...as a mater of fact...i saw it yesterday goin east on kettleman

9. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I talked to DJ today and he said that the guy lives over by Tokay so I'm going to look around tomarrow.

10. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

chris,

a few friends and i was driving around tonight (friday) looking for it. no such luck. we figured it was problably a young kid and he might be out cruising since its grad night and all.

i will keep my eyes open and take down any plates if i see it.

later, todd