Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Gator is full of spyware and I want to dump it, but my mother uses this computer and needs a log in helper. Anyone know of a good log in helper with out the spyware crap ???? Link to download please.

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gator is full of spyware and I want to dump it, but my mother uses this computer and needs a log in helper. Anyone know of a good log in helper with out the spyware crap ???? Link to download please.

[/ QUOTE ]Whats a log in helper? is it to log into windows, or does it automaticaly dump passwords into websites? also, Gator is nothing BUT spyware. ( Gator, GMT, GNT )

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats a log in helper?

[/ QUOTE ] My mother uses it to file in her personal information. Screen name and password for her email, looking at her bank statement online, For sites like Amazon and Ebay, ...ect. I've made sure no sensitive information like card numbers has gotten into it.

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

To get Gator out all the way, you'll most likely have to hit the registry.

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Whats a log in helper?

[/ QUOTE ] My mother uses it to file in her personal information. Screen name and password for her email, looking at her bank statement online, For sites like Amazon and Ebay, ...ect. I've made sure no sensitive information like card numbers has gotten into it.

[/ QUOTE ]why not just have the information on an easy to cut-and-paste from TXT file? also, IE has a built in form filling feature. putting any informaiton into Gator, is giving them free information for use as both spam, and unwanted junkmail. everything that gets put in it, is shipped periodicaly ( daily?) back to Gator headquarters, where its sorted, along with a log of websites you frequent, and automaticaly dispersed to various advertisers, who'll beat the crap out of both her email box, and snailmail box. ( as well as her phone)

I realize it can be a PITA to have to re-enter everything over and over, but the peace of mind knowing I won't have quite as much spam crammed in my inboxes makes it worth it to me. I also have the pace of mind, that someone can't strip my information, and use it to steal my identity, and **** my credit over.

-Rich

Edit: and yes, the only way to get rid of Gator, is through some heavy registry editing...