Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LoJack group purchase(update)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moneypit, Mar 11, 2002.

1. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Talked to the Rep today and he is going to talk to his boss about a great savings on the lojack guarantee 5,000 system. I am hoping to get 10 or better individuals that are interested. I have 4 already. If you can't live without your rig then I would say you need to seriuosly consider this. I know Matt Meester personally and his Jeep was very weel equiped and STOLEN over the weekend in daylight. He even had a alarm.LoJack claims if your vehicle is not found in 24 hours they will refund the price you paid for the LoJack. If they don't find it in 1month they send you a check for $2,500.00. If you want more info they have a website or post here. If we can purchase 10 the price will be $550 installed at your house.If we can get more the price will lower again. Just don't know how much more yet. www.lojack.com

You do not need to live in Colorado to take advantage of this offer. You just need to live in a coverage area. Any intersted parties need to make decision by end of week.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: LoJack group purchase

What's the price? I have lojack installed on my wife's ride already.

3. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Yeah how much are we talkin. I would be interested.

4. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

ttt

5. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Ummm.... doesnt it say $550 ??? or did i mis-understand ?

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I'm interested. What's the monthly service charge after install?

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There is no monthly charges, once it is installed thats it. Check with your local law enforcement first to make sure they support the lojack system, the system does not work in all areas either. I think a better system is onstar. There is a yearly or monthly fee for this one though, there are currently 3 different plans.

8. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Lojack will also throw in a lifetime warranty also. I think they charge $100 bucks just for that.

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

OK, I'm in.

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

As soon as I get my job...

11. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I'll pass. Having a way for the government to know where I'm at anytime they want is not my idea of freedom and privacy. Are you guys gonna go for it when they want to put chips under your skin?

12. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I'd be interested. Depending on the cost, I have several vehicles I'd consider Lo-Jack for. Let me know.

Eric M.

eric@mannonconstruction.com

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'll pass. Having a way for the government to know where I'm at anytime they want is not my idea of freedom and privacy. Are you guys gonna go for it when they want to put chips under your skin?

<hr></blockquote>

LOL, I thought I was the only person paranoid about that kinda stuff. No Lo-Jack for me either...

Rene

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

You guys have got to be kidding, do you think that the police are going to be sitting around watching where you are going? They won't even know you have lojak unless your ride gets stolen. Come awn, oh by the way, please do not go swimming until 20 minutes after you finish eating. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ooops, I guess I made you even more paranoid.

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'm just not comfortable with a technology that can be used to track me. Personal freedom is eroded one small step at a time.
    I just prefer to move through life with as much anonymity as I can...I don't have or use cell phones, or pagers. I have no credit cards, and I use cash or other 'lo tech' ways of paying for stuff whenever possible. The amount of personal info that is collected on all of us is startling and I'm not comfortable with it.
    If I told you 15 years ago that there would be surveillance camera's on every corner, in every store or public place you'd have called me paranoid then too...yet there they are, watching every move. Photo-radar, traffic light camera's...

Every message board website has a privacy policy where we can choose to be 'shown' as online or invisible. The technology to track our movements online is there but we have a choice. I recall you had issues with the 'user list' at one time. Personally I am not comfortable with OnStar, or Lojack or any other tracking type technology. That's my choice...

Rene

16. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

think the government dosn't know where you are allready. welcome to the internet!!!!!!!!!! incription technology works to keep info private , i'm sure they have a technology to track internet movement and the user ???? who knows! my 2 cents

17. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

I agree with Rene. Especially the part about a little at a time. Our government is out of control and our freedom and privacy has been seriously eroded already. They've done it a little bit at a time so people won't be alarmed. America is no longer the land of the free it's the land of the incarcerated. We have the highest rate of incarceration per capita in the world. Gee if they get us all chiped then they wont have to incarcerate all of us to control us. Call me paranoid if you want, I call it vigilance. Back when I enlisted in the Army I swore an oath to defend the constitution from enemys both foriegn AND DOMESTIC. I think the domestic enemys are the ones we should be worried about. I am convinced that members of our goverment were complicit in the attack on 9-11. Look at who has benefitted the most from this. George W. He went from being considered by many the President who stole the election to having the best approval rating of any president ever. He is an oil man and soon we will controll the oil from that region. Sorry for the rant but you sheeple that think our government is all good need a wake up call.

18. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

$550 if we purchase 10. Less than that if we can purchase more than 10

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

When would this buy occur...? If it can wait a bit I'm interested. I assume it's supported here. It's a good sized city... heck the state capital, but I'll check. BTW if someone is paranoid the cops will be tracking you when you have it please! Everytime you make a purchase on a credit or a debit you can be tracked... heck if you buy groceries and swipe a card for a discount they track you there... frankly I could care less if Albertsons knows I buy generic butt wipe or if Hallmark knows I bought with my ATM a "I'm pissed off at you card..." The cops won't be tracking you.... that is unless you have donuts in the car... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

20. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Any more takers???