Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Long Beach Swap meet

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by hidesertwheelin, Aug 10, 2006.

1. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Has anyone been the the LBC auto swap? Do they ever have any 80ish chevy trucks there? I'm looking for a diesel and not sure if I should drive down there.

2. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

when is it, and do u have an address?

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Uh, Long Beach maybe? :D

It's held at some stadium near the Long Beach Airport. Picture a small Pomona Swap Meet that tends to , or used to anyway, lean more towards Hi-Po parts & cars.

Finding the truck want would be luck of the draw. Certainly worth going to check out.

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I have been going to that swapmeet for over 22 years. started going when I was only 16 yrs old. now Im 39 in just a few days. it has grow to a huge swap compared to what it started out as. it still is no Pomona though, never will be, there is just not the land for something that big.

its considered "the local" swap meet, its the 2nd sunday of every month, except when Pomona comes up it affects the schedual. I have spent alot of money over the years there from parts to tools. its this sunday and I am going with a bud. want to get new seat belts for my burb. there is a booth that has been there for years that sells nothing but new seat belts, so I thought I would check it out.

other then that I am going just to go and check it out, you never know what you might find. thats where I buy all my heavy duty casters for welding tables and carts. there is a guy that sells nothing but good used casters, there US made casters for cheap.

5. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

LOL, This is just a block or two fom me and I have never even heard of it till now. Lived in Long Beach for over 12 years now, maybe I should check it out since it is just down the street:o

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW! Mario, you need to get out more often :D :haha:, I have found great deals there many, many times. bought a really nice factory built (not home made) 1 in belt sander with stand like new for a 100 bucks once. works great, had it for almost 10 yrs now. priced it new at the time, was like 280 bucks.

I still have the no name 2 1/2 ton floor jack I bought there when I was 16 yrs old! and it still works great too. paid 60 bucks for it 23 yrs ago.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I didn't know there was a swap meet at long beach.... you guys drive all that way up to the Great State of Washington just for a swap meet? yikes!

j

ps: CA sucks. :grin:

8. bozor1000

bozor1000 1/2 ton status

I go to Long Beach and sell parts. Last time I went, I was the only one selling any truck parts. Pomona is still better.

9. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

We don't suck. We poked it, so we own it.:D

10. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Mario and others it is at the Vetrans stadium. 5 bucks to get in. last time i was there. Parking is free. i have bought many things from there in the past. I will try to be there tomorrow as well.