Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

(Long post) The people whom you associate with

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 10, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I was just wondering what you and the people you hang out with are like. Usually, similar people stay associated, but not always as in my case.

The "citizens" of "Allantown":

Myself- Allan. 21 yr. old half Swedish, half Philippino. Born in Spokane, spends time "camping" and hanging out with friends near the small town of Ione on the family property where dad was born. Habits: Addicted to buying, building and keeping 4x4's.

Nathan- 21 yr old friend, met in High School. Owns yellow Suburban with a curse, and a yellow '77 Corvette. Just got married to his wife Nayely who is from Mexico. Nothing he has runs without having weird problems.

Greg- 44 yr. old friend, met 2 years ago when he called on my parts ad for a steering box. Broke up with his girlfriend and moved on to my place last year until he got his own mobile home in Ione. Recovering alcoholic who just got his license back a year ago. In the last year: His 23' Camp trailer he was living in burned down, his front car seat caught on fire, and he rolled another guy's Ford truck while borrowing it... yet he is still alive.

Joey- 18 year old friend, met in 1995 when he lived in the neighborhood in Spokane. Used to look up to me, now I have to look up at him (he grew taller). Joined the Army and ships off in September.

Nic- 17 year old friend, Joeys best friend, and my neighbor across the street. His family moved across the street in 1995... the "typical" family... or so I thought.

Rob and Kathy- late 30's, mid 40's friends, have two kids, Nick and Shawna. Robs Hobbies include guns and hunting... all enjoy camping and outdoor activities. They usually ride with me everytime I go to Ione since they don't have a decent car.

"The Mexicans"- distantly related family who live in Moses Lake... usually come up camping once a year. Always bring lots of food... and beer.

"Preacher Dave"- early-mid 50's with 4 sons, owns a blue '77 Suburban that he mud races, and is a pastor on Sundays for local area nursing homes.

Nick and Lacey- friends about 20 yrs old, married with a 1 yr. old. Don't keep the same truck or 4x4 for longer than a few months.

Older Dave- Late 50's, always running up a credit card debt, always gets vehicles that have problems and spends too much money on them.

Big Rob- 22 yr. old friend, known since grade school. No drivers license. Used to hate everything that moved, but can tolerate certain people.

Tiny- about 60 years old, big story teller. BS's alot. Has an artificial leg.

Jamey- 22 year old friend since kindergarten. He joined the Army and is stationed in Hawaii. He gets to drive a Hummer.

My brother Ron- 59 year old, drinks alot, but a hard worker. Usually very loud... yells alot. Lives next door to the family property.

Jeremy- 23 year old friend who lives in Ione, met in '99. Was shot in the head with a shotgun 2 years ago, but amazingly recovered with only some memory loss.

I could go on forever... sorry this is so long. I just wanted to give an example of some of the diverse/strange people I know. Believe me, most are weird or have strange/funny quirks in person.

And here we are at the annual yearly campout (these show some people listed and alot of others):
    Album1
    Album2
    Album3
    Album4
    Allantown Album
    Snow Days

So, what are the people like that you hang out with?

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Neighbor next door Chris 25
    Neighbor next door Gary 24
    Girlfriend Brianne 18
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif i'm so lonely
    /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Would me my friend Steve, 34 Ast. Manager at Firestone, was a MP (Navy) served on ship durring Desert Storm. His wife Mary early 40's, don't know her very well, but she seams cool. Lew and Sherry, both early mid 30's. Lew runs a CB repair shop, Sherry works to pay the bills. I don't get out much out of fear of falling back into the dope life. The friends I hang with like camping, shooting guns, BBQing and going on roadtrips if a good concert is within a day's drive. Steve and Mary took me the 500 miles up in ND so I could get My K5 last year.

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

hmm makes ya think,

Mike,
    has two kids raises/sells dogs, he has a mullet drives a rustic blazer with a new drive train, has a 77 camaro that needs some work, he's a heavy equipment mecanic and hates his niebors, beet 2 of them up and is on probation. He took an interest in me and always offers to take me out to the parts yard he is really nice and has a state champ wrester for a kid and the other one rides bmx.

Adrian-
    Ex, for two years we broke up and now I am goin out with her ex-bestfriend, she still loves me and hates me too, also got me into 4-wheelin and has a lifted bronco.

Kristian-
    g/f Loves me I hope, has a great family who happens to like me alot, they even let me sleep over and always give me home cooked meals. I hope she is the one I marry and it is serious. She drives a ford but loves my Blazer and has never called it a bronco. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Diana, kenny,kids,
    She is like a mom to me and I have baby sat her kids since they were as short as Bubba Ray Boudreaux, blazer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif They are great to me and take me on vacation every summer with them..fully paid too!

Chris, best friend, he drives a lifted cherekee and we just put on a 6 inch lift and 33's, custome roof rack and fender trimming, also a 97! We hang out but are both too busy most the time.

John,
    I miss him, he's in the Navy and is ordiance, he still emails me and we were always getting into trouble. He loves the blazer and hates the ford he drives.

That is the close people any ways, you guys are my other life /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Me- I began my life as a poor black man..................OH, WAIT, that was Navin R. Johnson from "The Jerk".

30 yoa married to the best woman in the world for 10 years. Two sons age 11 and 9. Began my "adult" life heading down the "wrong" road. I met my wife, then soon after we had our first son. After screwing most of my teen years away, it was now time to grow up and be a responsible adult. I worked as a mechanic for several years, but got really tired of having black fingers all the time. I worked in the construction field for awhile while I tested to be a cop with several departments. In 1997, I got hired as a Deputy Sheriff..................the rest is history.

Joe- 30 yoa divorced with 2 kids. Works as a Cheyenne Police Officer. We both went to the same high school, but never met until he was employed as a Deputy Sheriff with my dept about 3 years ago. I was his FTO and we immediately hit it off great. We both share a love of Chevelle's. Joe and I can often be found in my garage fixing or building something. Joe and I are Hetro-Lifemates /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif that share the same brain stem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Blaine-31 yoa single with no kids. Works as a City of Cheyenne Fireman. Blaine and I knew each other in high school, but were in different "crowds". Blaine also got hired as a Deputy Sheriff soon after Joe did. Blaine and Joe used to hang out together, even after high school. Joe kind of "re-kindled" the friendship between Blaine and I. Blaine and I are very close friends. I think my wife really enjoys having Blaine around (Not in that sort of way.) Blaine is not exactly the "wrenching " type, but serves well as a supervisor. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Keith- 42 yoa divorced with two kids. Works as a Deputy Sheriff at my department. Keith was a cop for 16 years in Douglas, Wyoming. I was not too fond of Keith when I first met him. That is probably because we are so much alike, After spending some time with Keith on night shift, it became obvious that we worked very well together. I really look up to Keith. He has taught me alot, about police work and about life. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Chuck- 38 yoa married with two kids. He is self employed and owns a window/siding company. I work for Chuck on my days off for extra $$$ Chuck and I met about ten years ago when working construction together. Chuck had just been released from prison (just a couple of days before we met) after doing 3 years for drug related charges. I was kind of leary of Chuck when we met, because I wanted to get into Law Enforcement, and he had just been released from prison. After knowing Chuck for 10 years, I can say that he is an honest hard working, God fearing guy that has been totally changed by prison. Chuck likes Chevy trucks, Corvettes and "Euro/Ricers. I end up doing most of the work on his trucks and Corvettes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Ryan- 30yoa construction worker. Divorced with one child. Ryan and I have been friends for the last 20 years. From grade school to junior high school we were best buddies. Ryan and I got our first apartment together at the age of 16 (we both dropped out of high school......the one thing in my life that I wish I would not have done!!!!!) After a year or so, Ryan moved away. We still talked on the phone once in awhile. In 1998 Ryan moved back to town after his divorce. He lived with my wife and I for about a year so that he could "get back on his feet." After a year, it became apparent that Ryan would rather go out dinking instead of trying to be a responsible adult. Ryan moved out and has been "sponging" off of other people ever since. I really hate to see Ryan going down that road, but I can only do so much for him. I see Ryan from time to time, but it is usually when he needs something. I would never turn my back on him, or not help him if I can. It hurts me to see Ryan pissing his life away. Ryan is my age and does not own anything except his car and some clothes./forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "The Mexicans"- distantly related family who live in Moses Lake... usually come up camping once a year. Always bring lots of food... and beer.

[/ QUOTE ] Pretty close friends, huh?? "The Mexicans" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Ahh... the Mexicans. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I first met them all, it seemed like there were so many of them. But it narrows down to 4 basic families that come up camping every year:

Jimmy and Janie (parents)
    with daughter Amanda who married my brother's son Jeremy ( a different Jeremy from my friend who was shot). So technically, Jeremy who is almost 30 is my 1/2 nephew (I'm 21), and since he married Amanda, that's my link to the families. Jeremy and Amanda have 2 daughters Mia and Bella(my great nieces). Jeremy gave me his old '72 GMC Jimmy project a few years ago.

Jimmy and Janies other daughter is Andrea who married Alfredo. They have 3 kids, Alexis, Adrian, and Lila. Alfredo has a '79 K5 that I found for him and he bought 4 years back.

Then theres Raymond and Yolanda. Raymond is Jimmy's brother. They have 5 kids I think. Back before I knew everyones names, I used to refer to Yolanda as "drunk dancing lady" cause she'd always start dancing at the campfire after drinking a few too many beers.

Now I know them all by name. They are like direct family just about... but in general terms to sum it up, once and a while when I say to my friends "the Mexicans" I mean all of them.

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Me
    Nick (23): Just married (I was best man), has 1 child and expecting another. Type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back, I met him when he moved to my small "farm" town (Hatfield) when I was 8-9. Even though he was a few years younger, we got along great and worked together (mowing lawns), and his family treated me like their own. A.K.A. the good apple

Chad (24): Getting married in October (I'm in the wedding), his father was a "gear-head" and was one of the reasons for getting to know Chad. I have know him forever. He has a younger brother and his parents call us "My 3 sons". We shared an interest in cool cars, trucks, and machinery. Taken apart and put together more trucks than two guys should (mostly our own). He owns an 82 C10 pickup with. Started life with a 305 and stock 4 speed. Swapped the tired 305 out for an 400 SBC that was out of a buddies truck pulling truck. HP/Torque to weight ratio was nuts. Installed Posi rear end (needed), Killed the stock manual and TWO Muncie "Rock-Crushers", installed beefed TH350 and still going..., he also owns an 86 1 ton dump, and a 2002 2500 HD. We are in side "business" together doing lawncare and spend most Sats. and soon to be Suns. with him. He is the main reason I do not have an Angelic Halo over my head (the amount of times we should have been dead is amazing). Someone looks over us. We have both settled down quite a bit (women will do that to ya /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)

Tom (32): I worked with him doing small engine repair when I was in H.S. He taught me alot, and still does. Is a great fabricator/welder and is one of the guys I have do most of my welding (although I'm learning). He is one guy I can say anything to and talk to about anything. I don't see as much of him now, but we do get together for a couple of beers on occasion.

Andy (32): I met him through Tom. He is an ACE mechanic. Drinks alot, but is an amazing mechanic (I learned alot from him.......usually as he bailed my ass out of a mechanical situation). He belongs to the Mass Truck Pullers Association as well, and we spend time doing that. He also owns a place down by the fairgrounds and is where we keep our demolition derby cars. He is the type that will do anything for anybody exept himself.....

Aaron (??): Fabricator/Welder/Drinker. I met him through my brother-in-law as he welded the rear-end in one of my demolition derby cars. Have been friends ever since. I do lawncare for him, he does welding/fabricating for me (when Tom is not around).

I have alot of aquaintences and hang with them from time to time, but these are the main core. I work alot and with side jobs I don't have alot of social time, so the amount of "regular" friends have deminished to this.

And last but NOT least Michelle (CK5 Noangel) (age left out to protect the innocent...ME) I met her through Andy's sister (while I was bartending......another side job I had). She saw my interest in CK5, bought a membership, bought a blazer, and now is hooked. We are trying to get finances together to get a house, then we are going to turn her K5 into a monster machine (unfortuneately is looks like that's 3 years out). She is a great woman and I am lucky to have her......she puts up with all my work and wrenching time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Me: 20 years old, almost flunked first year of college, home going to comm. college to get grades straight again, then going back. Meanwhile building my trail toy and a daily driver while holding down a serious relationship and several good friendships.

Stephanie: My g/f whom I love deeply. Ya'll can rag me on my next statement but I don't care. She's only 16 and a junior in high school. That doesn't matter to me though because she is more mature than some 25 year old girls I know. Her parents are really cool and will do just about anything for me.

Adam: 19 years old and attending college to major in Turf Grass Management. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Drives a 4 banger Jeep that is falling apart. He's smart, but doesn't execute his ideas very well.

BJ: The other orange K5 owner in my pictures. He has big dreams and an even bigger mouth. He likes to tell some far-fetched stories. He just can't seem to decide what he wants to do, but I love him like a brother.

Jarrod: This mutha fawker still owes me $150. We used to hang out a lot, but he can't seem to shake the pot, so I quit hanging around him. It's kinda ironic that he works at a Nursery. He drives a Civic with "dub caps". He can somehow find the money to fix up his car, but can't pay me back. What a guy.

5-0: His real name is Chris. Got his nickname in high school from our Ag. teacher. He's overweight and works at a hog farm. He used to be on a volunteer fire dept., but got kicked off after he was blamed for setting the woods on fire near Bladen Lakes Forest. His pager fell off as he was putting on his turnout gear and the truck ran over it. The investigators found it and tried to pin it on him. Luckily, the found out that it was started by a lightning strike, but his name is still stained from that incident.

Neighbors: "THE GIRL NEXT DOOR". God she is FINE. She used to be annoying when we were younger, but damn milk did her body good. She still can't compare to my g/f though.

Everyone else around me is either really old, or just assholes that I strive to piss off and not worth mentioning in this post.

10. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Interesting post...

AJ (28)
    Lineman with local rural electric association. Former college basketball player turned semipro football player. Married, 1 child. Sports are life.

Jeff (42)
    Manager of Financial Accountability (?) at a local gas utility company. Former Husker football player, also semipro retiree. Married, 2 children. Sports are life

Marty (40)
    Conductor for BNSF Railway. Hangs out, lifts weights, plays guitar. Divorced, 2 children.

Andy (26)
    Owns local GNC store. Former Nebraska-Kearney football player, now training for Olympic Trials in hammer throw. Married, no children.

Shane (24)
    Owns roofing/siding/gutter business. Former college football player, still playing semipro. Likes to drink beer, fight, and womanize. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Unmarried, no children.

These are the clowns I get together with every weekend; we drink a few beers, watch whatever sports are on TV, and talk $hit to each other. Simple creatures are we. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

WTF????? Don't ya hang out with any regular old fat rednecks? I see some discrimatory practices in your friend picking. Husker players? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif What happened? Did Bowden get them after NU started sucking like a five star porn queen?

Speaking of which, hope your happy. Heard on the radio that Florida State is trying take all of the Huskers' criminal glory away. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WTF????? Don't ya hang out with any regular old fat rednecks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am in the idiot ex-jock club.
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Speaking of which, hope your happy. Heard on the radio that Florida State is trying take all of the Huskers' criminal glory away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spreading the glory that was bestowed upon them by the esteemed mecca of criminal activity at an American university...OU. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Spreading the glory that was bestowed upon them by the esteemed mecca of criminal activity at an American university...OU.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What the heck is that saying, "copied but not replaced" or some chit like that?

Oh wait, I have it now. "Often imitated but never duplicated."

OU, the OG's of collegiate athletic criminality /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well here is my list.

me- 18yrs old, just out of HS last year, goint to UTI in phoenix, AZ in one week now.

adam- 18 yrs old, senior in HS, best friend, known since 6th grade, been in scouts together for ever, both of us are eagle scouts, drives a 79 jimmy on 40" TSLs, knows tons about 4x4s and chevys in general. been best friends for about 6 yrs now.

corey- 18yrs old, known since junior year, best friend, future roommate in phoenix, has tons of money but doesn't act like it, drives an 03 ford f-350 powerstroke (pimp ass truck) lives 40 min away in henderson, nv, never would have met him if it weren't for our HS diesel tech class.

kevin- 16yrs old, freshman in HS, good friend, funny as hell, pretty crazy, lives in henderson near corey, drivin moms minivan til he gets a truck.

sarah- 15yrs old, freshman in HS, my girlfriend (i know, shes only 15 and im 18, blah blah blah), known her for about 3yrs, been goin out for 3 months, she's corey's sister (yea i know, i'm goin out with my best friends sister blah blah blah), corey wasnt thrilled when he found out about us but he'll just have to live with it.

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I guess I oughta jump in here...

My story - 18 years old... Born in Ft. Collins, Colorado, grew up in Greeley before moving to miserable Cheyenne with my parents... I've gone through 7 vehicles in the last 2.5 years, including a Blazer from hell. Dropped outta high school, got the GED, and work at a hotel while looking for something "better"... I recently decided that I am madly in love with 4wheelin and my job search is going full speed so I can get a lift kit sooner. I also go to CAP every Tuesday and sit around looking important...

Jordan - 18 years old as of today. Not much to say here... His house burned down along with my nice sleeping bag in 2001 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, and he sits in his moms basement jobless playing final fantasy and other such stupid games all day. Also enjoys playing Yu-Gi-Oh, and his cousin and I have the sneaking suspicion he's needing to come out of the closet or something. Or at least get a girlfriend who's not just a friend who's a girl... We met in 8th grade during math class when I was bored and decided to talk to someone.

Uriah - 18 years old. Mom is a Sergeant in the Air Force so he's gotten to see the country. He's got Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder so is usually very annoying and frustrating to be around. He also likes to sit around playing video games living off his mom's hard-earned paycheck instead of getting his own darn job. I met him in 9th grade in another class.

Ben - 18. We've known each other since first grade, and he lives in Greeley. We don't talk much anymore since we're so far away from each other and he's got his girls to f**k and parties to go to... He's got a Honda that he's slowly ricing rather than fix up the 70-something firebird in his dad's garage.

Daniel - 19. Daniel is a weird hippy dude who would kill to own my Explorer for some reason... He has a job and has been trying to move out of his parents house apperantly, but miserably failing for the last 6 months because Warhammer is more important.

umm... I guess that's it... Jordan and Uriah are the ones that I hang out with most of the time... Once in a while I'm able to get them out of that messy smelly basement. Or I have something better to do, like four wheelin /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif