Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Long stepside

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scotto0609, May 12, 2004.

1. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Has anyone ever seen,attempted, or pictured a 8ft stepside on a 4wd crewcab? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I havent seen one on a crewcab but I used to know a guy that had a nice 79 or 80 LWB 3/4 ton stepside 4x4. Beautiful rust free truck and he ended up selling it to a dealer for $600 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've seen one. Only thing more ugly than a stepside is a longbox step side.....

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Agreed. For once.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My frame was from a step side. I was so thankful to rid the world of such a worthless POS!!

6. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When I was growing up, my mom had a 68 longbed stepside. I thought it was pretty lame but rare.

7. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

hahaha...stepside, whoever created such a creature should be dragged out in the street and shot!

8. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man that was harsh! Now tell me what you really think!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I've seen a regular cab long stepside, but never a crew cab. I am a full fledged member of the step side haters club. Especially the Dodge 'Lil Red Wagons" or whatever the name is. They're red with chrome stacks. Disgusting. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

10. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I never understood the reasoning behind the stepsides. Why the would you make the bed smaller and gain no advantages what-so-ever...

11. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I've seen a longbed, stepside, 4x4, 1 ton around here. I'm pretty sure it's factory. It's got the 14 Bolt rear, 60 front and the "30" emblems on the fender. I guess the guy could have put it together, but it is used for construction and is a bit rough - I can see the axle upgrades but not the emblems on a rough truck. Is'nt the frame the same for fleet sides and stepsides? Couldn't you bolt up a long stepside on a fleetside frame??

Eric M.

12. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Is'nt the frame the same for fleet sides and stepsides? Couldn't you bolt up a long stepside on a fleetside frame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Frames are the same /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Is'nt the frame the same for fleet sides and stepsides? Couldn't you bolt up a long stepside on a fleetside frame?

[/ QUOTE ]

Frames are the same /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that. I've got a fleetside shortbox, but my frame was originally a stepside shorty. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

60-72 you could special order a 10ft stepside. VERY rare. Never have seen a 8ft step side on any 73-87 trucks.

As for the nay sayers. The stepside bed was first. If you use your truck as a truck and ever haul dirt a stepside is the way to go. Easier to shovel out.

15. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I usually prefer a fleet side... but ive seen ALOT of nice looking step sides, espically becuase alot of the time they look differnt /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif but ive never seen on a hardcore off road rig... just the show trucks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I agree step side long beds dont look good /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

16. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i dunno if i have seen a longbed stepside. i like stepsides for show trucks. lay some nice wood in the bottom and smooth the bed out. looks sharp.
    Grant

17. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...i guess i am the odd guy out...i love a step side! Guess that they don't have alot of function when compared to a full size bed, but i love the way they look!

18. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ...i guess i am the odd guy out...i love a step side! Guess that they don't have alot of function when compared to a full size bed, but i love the way they look!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too damn it! Much more style than a fleet.

19. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

sorry guys but im kinda partial to the stepsides myself /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif [​IMG] but as for the long stepsides, i saw one locally the other day and.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifyeah its fugly!