Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Long time no post...and some info...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeff427, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

May 22, 2000
    Hey all :D. Been a while since I have had much to post. I have a few updates on Mudzilla for anyone that is interested;

Mudzilla is now powered by an 89 454 that cranks. Really giving the High Angle Drivelines a work out, and they are holding up great. We gave up on the Cadillac motors after spinning the rod bearings on two of them (we made sure we did not twist them over 4,000, but they still spun bearings).

We are in the planning stages of converting Mudzilla over to full hydraulic steering to eliminate some issues we are having with the mechanical part of the hydro assist. I will try to get an article up on www.LyonsDesign.net as soon as we go to work on it.

Another interesting thing I have come across in my junkyard scrounging, Geo Trackers and Suzuki Sidekicks have some super nice electric PUSHER fans that work great if you have clearance issues on the backside of your radiator, and you want to go electric.

I also have a couple of member deals on stickers in the vendor forum, if anyone is interested :D.

I see there are quite a few of the "old members" still around, good deal :waytogo:

For anyone new to CK5.com, feel free to check out the link above (or in my sig) to find out more info about Mudzilla :).
  2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sep 3, 2002
    welcome back jeff