Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Long travel Gabriels?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pvfjr, May 18, 2005.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I've got two of the 12" travel ones in the rear, but they're not long enough for the front after this shock tower conversion. They go from about 18" to 30", which is perfect in the rear which is centered at 24" mount to mount.

The front has a distance of about 27" mount to mount, which would leave me with about 9" of compression and only 3" of droop - not really what I want. In the "post yer part numbers" thread, there's the part# for the 12" Gabriels from Autozone and also says "ask the AZ worker to see the shock book for shocks up to 16.5 inch travel-special order but cheap." Well I did, and the biggest ones I could find were the ones I alread had. What can I do? Is this a myth? If so, what shocks should I get and where? Here's the thread I was talking about. http://coloradok5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=432194&postcount=4

2. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I have blistein 14" travel shocks they are 34.9" open and 20.75" compressed, so you could get a couple more inches of downtravel. I would just suggest moving the furd towers down so you can run the shocks you can already get for cheap. I had to do this when I put the 52"s in front because of the extra lift and insane downtravel.

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I might do that...hate drilling those 1/2" holes all over again though.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier .

Go here http://www.gabriel.com/documents/2005_catalog/GAB_05.pdf

Look at it in Acrobat reader ( AR ) , look in Reference section G for mounting end codes and then a list of available extended and collapsed lengths :D

The rears the 4 inch guys are running for cheap are EB7 and ES34 code mount ends , 29.73 extended and 17.45 collapsed , and 12.28 inches travel .

Longer shock at 31.51 , 18.48 , and 13.03 is G63810 . Only thing is the bushings are different ( mount codes ) which are 12mm and 5/8ths

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  5. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Call Performance Offroad Center; they have their own line of shocks with up to 15" of travel.
    PORC

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

quick question how does the gabriels ride?

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have the ones from PORC... they seem like good shocks, but they took almost 2 months to get here. :crazy:

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I needed a quick solution, so I just moved my towers down. Sad to see them a little less towering, but as long as I get the travel I need I'll be fine. I don't think the front is as flexy as the rear anyway, but haven't wheeled since I've had new springs all around so who knows.

I'll get back to you about how the gabriels ride...