Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Long travel shock tower mod

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Thumper, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I just ordered my RS5012 shocks for the front mod. I will be picking up the towers very soon. First question: what year F*rd trucks have the required shock towers? Just F250 or F350s right?
    Second question: the shocks... do you have to order Ford shocks? Or is the upper mounting the same? I ordered shocks part number RS5012. (cheaper then the RS9012s). I am curious what type of upper mount they are, but I hope they work.
    Thanks

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Just take the dealer the part number Steve lists on his write up and you'll be fine. You don't have to worry about it being f250 or f 350. Who cares, it's just a furd.[​IMG]
    The top of the shock should be an eyelet just like your K5. That's what the tower takes. just tell the guys at the counter to get you a rancho shock with 12" of travel with eyelets on both ends. The guys at the counters NEED you to TELL them what to get. If they start guessing your screwed. Just my .02[​IMG]

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, I was going to grab a set from the junkyard... Im sure there are lotsa F*rds in there! Just wondering what yrs to look for. I know in 89, both the F250s and F350s had the same type.
    Thanks

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Aint Skeered!! </font color=red>

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Unless your going to the bone yard for something else I don't know how worthwhile it'll be. They only cost 11.75 a piece at the dealer. I just picked mine up on tuesday. As far as what they were on, I think it's an 80 F250.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red></font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Estebans-album>Take A Gander At My Truck Here.</a>