Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

longer brake lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by agrezy1, Dec 19, 2002.

1. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

i have 4" lift and need longer brake lines i am getting ready to do the ford shock mount conversion and want to allow plenty of room for travel. so anybody have any measurments for the lines? also does anybody know the part # for the rancho shocks that are not adjusable or another shock that would work for this application. thank you. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I'm not sure about the front but I know some use the Gabriel G63438 -18" compressed / 30" extended (center eye to center eye) in the rear for the center mounted shocks.
    [​IMG]
    Check out the rancho shock review. I'm guessing get the shock mounts and setup the shock to the half way point and mount it like in the artical. The rancho shock used had 13" of travel and these have about 12" but I dont know what the rancho shock body lenght is?
    This is what I'm going to try in the spring. MUCH cheaper at $20 each! I'm shooting for a 6" lift. The f0rd shock mounts for long enough for alot of adjustment.

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i did a search /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....someone else uses that button, too /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif i would never have guessed /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif