Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Longer front driveshaft or driveshaft spacer

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by NerdBoy, Apr 25, 2004.

1. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

My 4" lift has exetended my front driveshaft to it's limits, so, I need something to fix it. I'm on a tight budget, and I would rather go with used parts on this, as I only use 4WD for moderate mudding. Anyone have something to help me out?

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

What kind of length are you looking for. Ive got a couple that are longer than the stock shaft. Also, depending on where you are in IL, I may be able to deliver since Ill be heading to St. Louis either this week or next.

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have one off of an 84 with a 208. Let me know the length and I will pull and measure for you tonight if your interested.

4. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Hm. I'll pull the shaft tonight, and do some measurements. I have been advised to try to free up the shaft that I have, as it might not be too short, just really sticky. I'll post tonight whether I need it, and if so, what size.
    Thanks.

5. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Pulled the shaft last night,and cleaned all the grease out of it, to free it up. Found out that I don't need a new driveshaft, I just need to learn more about the drivetrain components of this thing.
    I wanna say that I do appreciate you guys offering your parts for sale when I thought I needed them, and hope that, if I need parts again, I won't be considered "the boy who cried wolf"...

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No problem. While you have it out, might as well go ahead and grind off the ears to ot as well. Jut had to do it to mine when I went taller.