Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Longer Front Shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazr77400, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever just added the upper bracket from stock quad shock setup. That would give you a little bit longer shock with all bolt on stuff. No cutting, or welding. L.M.C. sales them for like 19.95. Thats what I was going to do when I get my new front springs.

4 wheeling is like sex, when its good, its really, really good, when its bad its still pretty good.

2. talison79

talison79 1/2 ton status

The Furd shock towers are only about 13.00 a piece from the dealership and they give quite a bit of length. Very easy to install.
    Talison79

3. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Another option that I used, was buying the quad shock brackets from GM (cheaper than LMC) and welded them on over the stock location shock mount. The shock was not in a bind because the mounting angles are the same and I was able to run a lot longer shock. Of course you could always convert to three link and coil over shocks, LOL.

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com>www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com</a>

4. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

I run a upper mount (came factory) only you have to clearance the top of the lower mt but it gets you the same as the frd mt and it bolts right on the frd may get you anothe 1"

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.11